NASOHC's CG5 - Updated 9/11/2011

NASOHC

Reaction score
My radiator is finally taking a dump after 208,000 miles... LOL! It leaks right now but It'll be replaced this weekend. Its getting hot up in Cali and I have no A/C - need to get that going again! Been trying to make up some time to get car worked on but my schedule has been kinda crazy.

MORE UPDATE: So, the motor I recently installed has been knocking slightly (may not be critical) but I believe the piston pin is the problem. Its under warranty anyways so not sweating it. This will give me an opportunity to replace the trans back to original (debating on transfering the LSD as well) and start getting better gas milieage again. The hubs need to be replaced, staring to hear a slight "hum" while coasting and one of the axles needs replacemement.

More later!

NASOHC

Reaction score
looking more stock now haha

what motor did u drop in ken?

Drivetrain basically stock, all else is still in car. Its got a BONE STOCK F23A1... all i have now is Headers, V2 CAI, UR Crank Pulley, and H23 trans w/LSD. Took CF hood off and I did add a lower front lip :) Just need to repaint fron of car and touch up paint/minor dings.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
de-modding too i see :lawl:

where u re-paint the parts? seems like u love to repaint stuff haha

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
hook me up haha. my front and rear bumper are all scratched up after taking off the lip kit

NASOHC

Reaction score
hook me up haha. my front and rear bumper are all scratched up after taking off the lip kit

Roy, your too cheap... lol. :p

I'm sure he can fix you up but it'll cost you - just not over expensive though. You'll have to take car there and get a quote... Santa Ana.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
let me know where it is... and let me know when u r going, then i can prob meet up with u haha

Led_zeppelin

Reaction score
Sounds Interesting i need a paint job myself and I live in anaheim so i'm super close by. That sig is when my baby was boootyyfulllll and now shes all black and white primered half sanded lol... paint job that was never finished ftl -__- anyway hows your guys work does he paint well, wet sand after? Black Mirror Finish :)

Sonnick

Reaction score
Great build man....I saw you posted you're putting in ANOTHER F23?! Lol. So everything is stock except for minor bolt ons? What happened to the other head and cam, throttle body and intake manifold? :(

I was going to say, I saw you had a 2.25in exhaust on there. That's way too small! Especially considering you had head/cam work, higher CR, a FULL intake setup, and exhaust work. At the minimum I'd suggest 2.5 and even that's too small IMO. I'd run either a 70mm or 76mm (3in) exhaust and see what that did in terms of power. I guarantee you would make more power with a tune. That 2.25" exhaust is choking the motor. You still made great numbers without a doubt, but that's definitely too small of an exhaust for your setup.

Good luck with the new motor!

Back