New member Los Angeles

sg_81

Reaction score
Whats up 6th gen accord new to the site but have been :secret: here about some issues im currently having with 1998 Honda accord sedan ex. I recently purchased the car back in nov 2014 and now im really paying attention to all the noises and flaws that the car has so i want to fix the issues with of course your guys wisdom and experience. Engine is a sohc vtech with 226k miles it came with ff1 coilovers but makes rattling noise everytime i go over a minor bump or pops when im going up the driveway while the wheel is turned. Engine wise it has headers and spark plug 1 is taking on minor oil from the top of the valve gasket i believe plus i cant figure out where the oil leak is coming from on the bottom of the engine. Looking forward to having some good convos with some of you and thank you in advance.

6bd1fcab-360e-4fa5-b454-ce13e600ad32.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, looks like you have a good start with the car. Though I'd probably change out the suspension.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you want/need to replace all that, sure. I just meant I'd replace the coilovers. But definitely a good idea to inspect ball joints, bushings, endlinks, alignment, check for play (jack up car and put hands at 12 and 6, 9 and 3), etc.

Back