No vtec after obd 1 + 5 speed swap

SuperMidget

Reaction score
So I have a 2002 SE sedan 4 cyl, and recently finished converting the car to a standard with a 95 lude 5 speed, changed to OBD 1 from OBD 2b with a Chipped p28, conversion harness, 2 wire IACV swap with plate and installed an additional coolant temp sensor (one wire) for my gauge.

I was really pumped to get the speedo working, and after a few days figured it all out using many guides on these forums (Thanks guys!) and installed my agressive f23 basemap eprom chip... to find that still, the car is slower than it was stock, still no vtec, and no change at all from the stock f23 basemap chip

I also have a vtec indicator light spliced to the ecu vtec output, and it does not light up anymore.

All wires have been soldered and insulated properly... anyone have any input? I've been talking to a few civic tuner dudes, and I have a bunch of knowledge about 'car stuff'

Oh I should note: I gave the programmer of the p28 all the particulars for each chip (that was included in the ecu purchase), from rpm vtec engagement and 2 stage launch control....

I also am not getting 2 stage launch control to work... Anyone know anything about this? I've tried to reach the programmer but he hasn't replied.
(does the ecu need a clutch switch input? My clutch switches aren't hooked up to anything.... also no reverse lights :p )

Cheers Boys! :drink_nl:

Last edited:

SuperMidget

Reaction score
Thought I'd update,
So this morning I suddenly had a great boost in power, full quick accel to 6500rmp, AND vtec (of course)

You guys have no idea how sexy this morning's drive to work was..... :O

ANYWAYS! ALWAYS CHECK INTEGRITY OF THE CONVERSION HARNESS AND CHASSIS HARNESS.

Found a few loose wires from the stock harness pins, i basically just did a wiggle test with no equipment/tools on the ECU and conversion harness connections.

Also, I figure with my particular ECU/programming (or even stock?), the car needs to be at operating temperature for full rpm and vtec..
Still no launch control... I gotta talk to the programmer and inquire.

TOO cool.. It's like a new car, and I feel like a giddy school girl driving it ;)

MOD ON 6thgenaccorders!

Last edited:
Back