Rear Camber Issue?

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
So i put on the Type S wheels yesterday and got the car aligned. All Belle Tire did was fix the toe on the front and rear which was pretty bad. However, I'm running -2 and almost -3 degrees of camber on the rear wheels. They told me that they couldn't fix the camber because I don't have camber plates. I thought they could still adjust the rear camber without plates? Should I shell the money for camber plates for the rear and get it realigned? My buddy tells me that they should've fixed the camber (don't know how reliable his info is lol). I don't want to have to change out tires every year.

Thanks fellas.

Alignment specs

Front Left:
CAMBER Actual: -1.4 Before: -1.4 Range:-1.0 to 1.0
CASTER Actual: 3.1 Before: 3.1 Range:1.8 to 3.8
TOE Actual: 0.05 Before: 0.07 Range:-0.08 to 0.08

Front Right:
CAMBER Actual: -1.6 Before: -1.6 Range:-1.0 to 1.0
CASTER Actual: 2.9 Before: 2.9 Range:1.8 to 3.8
TOE Actual: 0.07 Before: 0.80 Range:-0.08 to 0.08

Rear Left:
CAMBER Actual: -2.3 Before: -2.3 Range:-1.0 to 1.0
TOE Actual: 0.08 Before: 0.18 Range:0.00 to 0.16

Rear Right:
CAMBER Actual: -2.8 Before: -2.8 Range:-1.0 to 1.0
TOE Actual: 0.12 Before: 0.27 Range: 0.00 to 0.16

Jordan_H

Reaction score
We don't have a macpherson suspension set up so we don't have camber plates. We have arms that don't come adjustable stock but you can buy a camber kit so you can adjust. It makes me wonder just how good those who aligned you car are. Also, that much camber isn't bad at all. Camber doesn't kill tires super quick, it's the combination of toe and camber.

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
We don't have a macpherson suspension set up so we don't have camber plates. We have arms that don't come adjustable stock but you can buy a camber kit so you can adjust. It makes me wonder just how good those who aligned you car are. Also, that much camber isn't bad at all. Camber doesn't kill tires super quick, it's the combination of toe and camber.
I knew that toe was what killed the tires, but the passenger rear looks kinda janky, because the camber is visible.

Would raising the coilover height slightly help reduce the negative camber?

guytv

Reaction score
I went thru the same thing. I'm on coilovers. So, i got the negative camber too. I went to the get an alignment from American Tire Depot. They couldn't fix the camber on the front or back because it was not adjusted from stock. They told me i needed to get adjustable ball joints for the front and adjustable camber kit for the back. I did the research and it is true what the salesmen was saying to me. I believe the person who I was talking too since he had a 1997 accord that he was fixing up to. Also, he suggested that I go online to buy them since they are expensive in the shop. :)

guytv

Reaction score
I knew that toe was what killed the tires, but the passenger rear looks kinda janky, because the camber is visible.

Would raising the coilover height slightly help reduce the negative camber?

I think that raising it would help it but it make have to be raised high enough that it obsoletes the point of being on coilovers. I been riding with the negative camber for years. My tires gets replace every 4-5 years, which is normal. The wear isn't that bad either. Pretty normal wear if you just rotate it when you need to.

Last edited:

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
I think that raising it would help it but it make have to be raised high enough that it absolutes the point of being on coilovers. I been riding with the negative camber for years. My tires gets replace every 4-5 years, which is normal. The wear isn't that bad either. Pretty normal wear if you just rotate it when you need to.
Really ? How much camber are you running on your car?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

guytv

Reaction score
Really ? How much camber are you running on your car?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Alignment specs

...Front Left:....................Front Right:
CAMBER: -0.3.................CAMBER : -1.6

...Rear Left:.....................Rear Right:
CAMBER: -1.4 ................CAMBER: -2.7

Back