help misfires on idle and drives like crap

slapaglia28

Reaction score
98 accord ex coupe f23a1 5 speed

Ok so to try nd explain my problem i was getting bad gas mileage cause i had p0457 which is Emission Control System Leak which aint nothing but for emmissions but now it idles like crap and loss of accelration i have misfires on 4 and 3 so i changed the plugs again on 3 and 4 which ill explain here in a second. But today i did oil change and hit with the scanner it told me misfires on 3 and 1 now. It makes no sense after everything ive done to it nd its making me mad. i've done plugs and wires, new dizzy, new alternator, put a rebuilt head on it with head gasket new head studs exhaust mani gasket, intake mani gasket everything torqued to spec did the valve lash adjustment back to spec. Also did water pump, timing belt, tensioner pulley, new vtec solenoid, new iacv also checked to see if my egr valve was bad cleaned it nd touched it to power to make sure it opened and closed. cleaned out the egr channels as well. This misfire bs just started i did all this stuff about 2 months ago and has been running like a champ

I know my rings are bad i burn oil but like maybe a week or so depending on how im driving to where i have to put about 2 qts of oil in

Connie

Reaction score
2 quarts of oil a week? Damn dude that's a LOT....my Civic goes through about a quart per tank of gas (barely drive it anymore because of this; in my case it's worn valve guides, if you wait at a light then leave at a fair clip, you get a nice blue cloud.), and every few tanks I need to clean the plugs to get it to stop misfiring. I had a Hyundai Accent before the Civic that did the exact same thing for the exact same reason with the exact same solution....clean the plugs and it would run like a dream. Are your plugs fouled? what do the plugs on the cylinders that are misfiring look like?

That is a lot of oil consumption. My 2002 doesn't burn a drop yet, and it has 461000km on it.

Back