THE Tire Review Thread

finch13

Reaction score
Brand/Model/Size: BFGoodrich Traction T/A 195/65/15 89T 620/A/B

Price Paid/Current Mileage: $287 unmounted/balanced from Sam's Club; 4,000 miles on tires

Pros: Great dry traction, good wet traction, decent snow traction. Hard to get them to squeal on dry pavement, holds good in the twisties.

Cons: Kinda noisy. Sidewalls are pretty spongy, would've opted for a 91 or 93 load rating tire to get some steering response back if they offered it.

Final Verdict: Great, cheap tire for the winter season.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Brand, Model & Size - Falken FK452 215/45/17
Price paid, Mileage - $420 shipped off Onlinetires.com.. 20 miles
Pros - Really quiet and smooth, felt like I was floating. Aggressive tread pattern. Can stretch pretty well too.
Cons - None yet
Final Verdict - Would you buy the tire again?
Too early to tell. I barely mounted these on along with my new rims yesterday but I drove around the city for a bit and I love it so far. My Kumho's got super noisy after 20k miles and switching to these were day & night of a difference. Would definitely recommend these to those looking for a sporty/luxury tire.

** Note:
Onlinetires.com is possibly the cheapest place you can find tires on the internet. Tires that cost 100 at like Tirerack.. you can find those for 80 on Onlinetires. Definitely recommended!

cg6boi

Reaction score
Nitto Neo Gens 225/35/18 - high performance
Paid - $119 (after tax and install) each
Pros - SEXY tread design, great handling in wet and dry, love gripping the freeway on/off ramps, price was awesome
Cons - Even though it was designed for cars running neg camber it wore faster than i wanted, way better than any other tire ive ran in the past but still
Final verdict - I would definately buy these tires again, especially at the price i get them at, want to see how my stockies will look shoed in these...

chasnsx

Reaction score
Brand, Model, Size: Dunlop Direzza DZ101, 215/45/17
Cost: About $100 per tire, at Super Autobacs
Purchased in March, 2008
Pros: Amazing grip. Best dry handling tires I have ever had. I wish they made these back when I had the NSX because that was one of the few cars that could push these tires to the limit.
Cons: Moderate tire noise, especially on the freeway; the front ones will wear fast, so rotate them regularly and you might get 40 or 50K miles out of them.

The verdict: I wouldn't put these on a commuter, especially if you drive long distances, but for a car that is driven for fun and sees moderate use, these tires on some good rims are the best bang for the buck handling improvement I have seen.

finch13

Reaction score
Brand, Model, Size: BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2
Cost: $154/ea @ TreaDepot.com/$657 shipped.
Pros: Sweet looking tread pattern, amazing dry traction, surprisingly good wet traction.
Cons: Loud under 40mph, doesn't grip as well if it's cold out or the tires are cold.

The Verdict: Probably the best UHP tires for the price if your looking for traction. I love them and would/will buy again. If you're just cruising city streets, they sound like mud tires going down the road, but I like it.

gforce_kdw_large.gif

Last edited:

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Brand, model, size: dunlop direzza sport z1 star spec, 225/40/18
Cost: $2xx/each tirerack or discount tires dont remember.
Pros: The best performance tire hands down! AWESOME dry and hot traction. So quiet that its amazing!
Cons: Not good for cold or wet weather.
Verdict: def worth every penny!
du_dir_spt_z1_starspec_ci2_l.jpg

Brand, model, size: Mickey Thompson, 245/40/18
Cost: $259 plus tax each.
Pros: THE tire to be used if traction is your enemy!
Cons: It's expensive as hell and will be gone SOON! ZERO wet/cold weather traction.
Verdict: does what its meant to do but def not a tire for daily.
3744R.jpg

Last edited:

turboaccord98

Reaction score
Brand model: Falken FK-452 225/45/18
Price: 750-800?
Pros: great traction in wet and dry
Cons: Not all season so poor grip in near freezing
Verdict: great tire for daily driver should have gotten 40's though :(

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Brand & model & size - Yokohama Avid Touring S, 185/65/14

Price paid, Mileage - $70 each out the door, installed and balanced at local tire shop, have about 3000 miles on them

Pros - Great handling in wet and dry for all-season tires. I pushed the car hard in drizzling conditions on a windy road and the tires stuck to the road like a champ. The threadwear is high at 620 and tire noise is very low

Cons - limited sizes. Basically OEM sizes are available

Final verdict - Would def buy again.

more info on the tires:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+TOURING-S

PEPSI411

Reaction score
BRAND: Falken fk452 225-45-18
PRICE: 600-700 forgot exactly from discount tire direct
PROS:pretty grippy in wet and dry
CONS: havnt had them that long but no complains not all season tho
FINAL VERDICT: would buy again but in a car correct 225/40 (too much rubbing) that half inch makes hella difference

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Brand & model & size - Falken Ziex 512, 215/45-17 all around on 17x8 and 17x9 rims.
Price paid, Mileage - $90 each, but total came to $580 with mounting, balancing, and warranty from AmericanTire/DiscountTire.
Pros - Very nice tires, thread design looks great, very sticky when brand new.
Cons - None so far.
Final verdict - would buy again, nice stretch, people have their problems with Falkens, but none so far for me.

Back