Derek's 2002 Coupe EX (5MT)

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 02 Coupe 5-Speed

My teins are much larger than oem struts also maybe your rsb is a little longer than the accord one

Here's a comparison

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

My teins are much larger than oem struts also maybe your rsb is a little longer than the accord one

Here's a comparison

Hmm well damn. I got the stock ones laying around I'll play around with it tomorrow probably. Thanks for all the help I'll keep you guys posted if I run into anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

I was trying to figure out a way to get it to work but there's no way. The MOOG end links are way too beefy and rub on the strut. I don't see how the RSB could be off its just a bar there. I think I'm just gonna order some normal end links off ebay and slap those on. Should fix the rubbing.

Anyone else run into this rubbing issue or is it just me lol....

phi1542

Reaction score

I'll tell u once I put my teins in the rear
Fasho. You might run into the same issue though. Exact same issue with my other sets of coilovers so idk. But so many people have done the MOOG end links. I couldn't find anyone complaining about rubbing. The progress RSB isn't longer either. I saw the comparison and it looks about the same. If anything it might be slightly shorter. So idk why it's so close

phi1542

Reaction score

Got the end links and tried to install it. Turns out its rubbing on the exhaust hanger too so I can't get the end links in. Gonna get it relocated to make room. On ebay there is a company names ROCA. They make pretty good stuff. I bought a full engine and transmission mount kit from them for my V6 and the quality and packaging is good. Before I bought the mounts I researched them and they seemed to be popular on the mazda forums. New end links are solid so if you guys looking for anything check them out on ebay. Super cheap but well made!

685e957ee7d3b9dd2424fcb77b93f685.jpg

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

Hi guys I need help. I'm hearing this clunking noise in my car when ever I go on uneven roads. Any time I go over bumps on the road small or big I hear this clunking noise. I think it's coming from the back but I'm not sure. It's so annoying. I made sure the RSB is tight and the end links. I checked the shock mounts to see if they are tight and they are tightened as they can be. I push down on the corners of the car and hear nothing. I only hear the clunking noise when I drive. I took the rear wheels off and shook the shocks and other parts and they are solid. I relocated the exhaust hanger so it gives clearance to the RSB. Please if anyone has any clue what this could be please help

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Might be the ball joints on the arms I think they are for adjusting the toe I could be wrong. Leave wheel on Jack up each side grab each rim at 12 o'clock and 6 and push and pull the wheel see if there is any play.. Also check all the rubber bushings.

phi1542

Reaction score

Might be the ball joints on the arms I think they are for adjusting the toe I could be wrong. Leave wheel on Jack up each side grab each rim at 12 o'clock and 6 and push and pull the wheel see if there is any play.. Also check all the rubber bushings.
When I got my alignment they said they do am inspection of ball joints, tie Tod's, idler arms, Springs, and bushings. Nothing was reported to me so I assume they're good. When I checked it out I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. And there's no wheel play I'm pretty sure last time I checked?

Back