how many MPG do you guys get?

Reaction score
sVebSi5l.jpg

01 DX 5MT with 190k on it. Low of 25 MPG and high of almost 34. Average of just above 29 over 11,500 miles so far.

SupraGuy

Reaction score
I was just looking for MPG numbers. The amount that I'm getting in my '99 2.3L seemed poor to me, and from this thread, it's certainly not great.

Of course, I'm Canadian, so I measure kilometers, and buy fuel in litres, but converted to miles per U.S. Gallon, I'm getting about 25 pretty consistently, combination city/highway. Seriously I was expecting 30 or better from the 4 cylinder.

I don't drive with my foot in it all the time, that's what the Supra is for. (Though I get slightly better mileage in that, about 28 or so when I'm not killing tires. Just that it needs the premium fuel, so my miles per dollar is slightly worse in that.)

SupraGuy

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I'd get better mileage with a standard transmission, but seriously, I was expecting mileage to be better than what I'm getting.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Isn't that the same thing? I filled up 15 gallons, reset the meter, then drove till close to empty, then divided the 15 gallons by the # of miles.

If I filled it up afterward, it should still take about 15 gallons to fill up I'm assuming, right?

As for everyone else, I got varying answers, but mine still seems the lowest. Yeah my car was mostly sitting around for about 6 years (I came back every 2 years or so and drove it daily, but most of the time my dad would just start it every now and then but not drive it too much). Now I'm back and drive it daily.

I don't do highway, just local roads, but don't really drive like an asshole.

No it is not the same thing. How many gallons are in the tank before you fill it up with 15 gallons? Could be 3 gallons in there. So you have no idea how much fuel you have used.

Filling up all the way. zero the odometer. Then drive till the gas light comes on. Fill it up.

You then have exact
-number of gallons used
-distance traveled.

Just filling it up and "guessing when you are close to empty" is the most inaccurate way of measuring.

The fuel gauge is no where near accurate enough to guess how many gallons are left. But I get around 25 miles a gallon in the city in my 2.3 sedan 5sp.

Silver99

Reaction score
I get like 23 mpg in my 4cyl with 63k miles. I feel like that's low

Back