Busted seal

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
For a while now I knew I had a small leak in the, "Front seal" -Mechanic, well today it busted completely and will no hold any oil at all. My question is: When the mechanic said the "front seal" did he mean the front crankshaft seal or is there another seal near my oil pan that I need to replace... He described it as; the oil pump line to seal. Whats the correct name for this? I want to replace my timing belt while im down there and I know that tricky so how do I make sure I replace it correctly, where do I mark it? What gaskets will I need? I am also replacing my water pump since its right there. HELP! And thanks in advance!

1999 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6
162,000 miles

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Got it all fixed as of today, it was my crank seal along with my actual main seal leaking on my oil pump. I replaced my water pump, cleaned my oil pan and pump, all new belts, new tensionar, and some new misc seals. Also threw on some Eibach front and back sway bars. Car is running perfect now!

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
How much? If you don't mind me asking

$620 I did all the work myself.

Timing belt, Alternator belt, drive belt, tensioner, water pump, and coolant $293

Crankshaft seal, oil pump seal, vtec seal $10

5.1 Liters of oil and oil filter $20

Engine degreaser $6

Gasket Sealer $6

DIY shop rent $211

About 10 hours of work including cleaning all my parts and testing everything. Alot of covers and bolts that are hard to reach.

Eibach front and rear sway bars $290 (not in total of $620, got it for Christmas)

Redcoupe

Reaction score
$620 I did all the work myself.

Timing belt, Alternator belt, drive belt, tensioner, water pump, and coolant $293

Crankshaft seal, oil pump seal, vtec seal $10

5.1 Liters of oil and oil filter $20

Engine degreaser $6

Gasket Sealer $6

DIY shop rent $211

About 10 hours of work including cleaning all my parts and testing everything. Alot of covers and bolts that are hard to reach.

Eibach front and rear sway bars $290 (not in total of $620, got it for Christmas)
Ugh you are so lucky you can do it yourself as soon as I saw 620 I was so happy...they just told me my seal is leaking too.to bad you probably live in another state other wise I would have been taking it to you.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Ugh you are so lucky you can do it yourself as soon as I saw 620 I was so happy...they just told me my seal is leaking too.to bad you probably live in another state other wise I would have been taking it to you.

Ha sorry man! I live in Texas if that helps at all! It's really not that hard to do, you may want to try to do it yourself if money is an issue. PM me if you want details on how to do it all.

Back