Tune?

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
....your o2 sensor does exactly that...

My point exactly... Since im tricking it by moving it further away it will not read properly. Because it throws a code because of my exhaust. So im going to trick it into getting less air to it, which might throw my air/fuel ratio off

Jevik

Reaction score
The main one that controls A/F ratio would be the o2 sensor in the header. I think the downstream is pretty much making sure your cat is working.

UTIaccord

Reaction score
The main one that controls A/F ratio would be the o2 sensor in the header. I think the downstream is pretty much making sure your cat is working.

yes, the o2 sensor in the header (bank 1) reads your a/f ratio and combustion effecientcy, o2 after the cat (bank 2) reads how well your cat is working strictly for emissions

and which o2 sensor are you worried about? bank 1 or 2? because moving either one of them wouldnt make a difference in whats its reading, unless u took ur bank 1 sensor and put it behind the cat (which i seriously doubt) then it wont matter how far away from the block it is as long as its before the cat its still getting the same exhaust gases to it that it would if it came straight from the block

Johnson

Reaction score

+1
Why do you have that code? Did you remove the cat?

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
+1
Why do you have that code? Did you remove the cat?

No I have a Magnaflow High Flow cat, but it likes to throw a code for it no matter what. It wont throw the code after I trick it and hopefully it wont effect my air/fuel ratio, if it does ill probably end up buying the Jet controller for it.
Mainly I think my computer just hates me for putting a 2.5in exhaust on and removing my resonator...

Johnson

Reaction score
No I have a Magnaflow High Flow cat, but it likes to throw a code for it no matter what. It wont throw the code after I trick it and hopefully it wont effect my air/fuel ratio, if it does ill probably end up buying the Jet controller for it.
Mainly I think my computer just hates me for putting a 2.5in exhaust on and removing my resonator...

Thats normal for it to throw a code, just put the defouler thing on there to rid the cel. It wont change your air/fuel.

The o2 on the header is the most important for the ecu. The o2 on the cat just makes sure the cat is working pretty much.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Thats normal for it to throw a code, just put the defouler thing on there to rid the cel. It wont change your air/fuel.

The o2 on the header is the most important for the ecu. The o2 on the cat just makes sure the cat is working pretty much.

Alright thanks guys!

jwong512

Reaction score

The JET Controller won't do much. The only thing that I've noticed to do anything from JET was the ECU reflash but that is programming behind closed doors at their shop. They won't allow you to tinker with it on your own and last I checked, they won't do anything that violates smog considering all their tunes are keeping your car smog legal for California standards.

Back