Sensen shocks with Megan Coilover sleeves?

ejreams

Reaction score
I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to pairing springs and struts, I know though that there are quite a few people who have and are running KYB's with like 1.5-2 inch drops on this site and quite a few of them seem to be okay with it.

What size rims are you looking to pick up

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to pairing springs and struts, I know though that there are quite a few people who have and are running KYB's with like 1.5-2 inch drops on this site and quite a few of them seem to be okay with it.

What size rims are you looking to pick up

When I bought the car it had aftermarket rims on it, they are 16in. I dont know my tire specs.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Where in texas sre you?

Save for ff type 1's and ill putthem on for you. All you need is $600 bucks. Being lower to the ground is not vital. Take the time to save up for those coils.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I want to go low, not slammed, but flush. Im looking at KYB GR-2 shocks now. I heard those are good when low, and stiff. I know alot about cars but little on suspension. Very knowledgeable on every other aspect but this lol

GR-2 is pretty much OE replacements. If you want KYB get some AGX.

You'll be set with Koni yellows and eibach sportlines if you dont want to be slammed.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Where in texas sre you?

Save for ff type 1's and ill putthem on for you. All you need is $600 bucks. Being lower to the ground is not vital. Take the time to save up for those coils.

North of Dallas. I can do all the work no issue, ive done all my other mods, i'm just trying to pair em.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
GR-2 is pretty much OE replacements. If you want KYB get some AGX.

You'll be set with Koni yellows and eibach sportlines if you dont want to be slammed.

I want it to be pretty low, not slammed but flush with my tires. Koni Yellows are pricey though, im basically wanting to drop my car because I need new front shocks, so I thought I might as well drop it.

Shadow1

Reaction score
GR-2s are fine if your running a nice 1.5-2.5in drop. Anything lower best go with Tokico Illumina, Koni STR-Ts, or Koni Yellows. Its fine if you want to experiment with different set ups. But only if you have the money. Or just go for Full coilovers like Type Ones.

I plan to run some Koni STR.Ts with some Tanabe coilover springs on sleeves. I would go with what everyone else says but everyone else isn't me. I have in mind what want to feel when I drive down the road. But I don't plan on going cheap tho. Except one set up I wanted to try. Some Stagg struts and Ebay sleeves olive have now. Only to have for the future CG owners.

I've looked around the web for reviews on Stagg struts. A couple of BMW owners have tried them and said they rode fine. But their cars are different than ours. So who knows how they would ride for us.

ejreams

Reaction score
Here's my .02 cents.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, go to the junk yard and pick up a used set up from an Accord/CL/TL and throw that in. If you want a drop but don't know a whole lot about the different set ups and aren't exactly sure how low you want to go.

I would just get some Function Form Type Ones, they're an awesome company with a good product. Plus you can go as hi or low as you want without having to change much.

It's been said a million times, save some money and do it right the first time.

Back