Front lip issues

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Edit: Turns out I have a 01-02 Coupe bumper and my car is a 99'. Problem solved.

So I ordered a type-r front lip for my accord, but it clearly will not fit as shown below. The lip I received is meant for this bumper:

and I have this bumper:

As you can see the lip won't fit. My question is, is there a part number for a correct lip for my bumper? I've done research on this and most sites selling the type-r lip shows the lip I have now that wont fit. Any insight?

Also should I just modify the lip I have now to fit my bumper?

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Who did you buy it from? If they had it advertised for an 01-02 model I'd call them and tell them they sent a 98-00 lip.

Or if its big enough and the contour is close, you could just modify it. I like to let companies know when they mess up though.

Last edited:

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Who did you buy it from? If they had it advertised for an 01-02 model I'd call them and tell them they sent a 98-00 lip.

Or if its big enough and the contour is close, you could just modify it. I like to let companies know when they mess up though.

Bought it from ilovebodykits,com
I have a 99 Accord why would I buy a 01-02 lip? It was advertised as a 98-02 Type-R Honda Accord 2D lip.

Its big enough about half an inch longer on the back sides, it would work I believe. I have called them several several times, they have terrible customer service im finding out. I'm waiting on a return call about them sending me a return label.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Bought it from ilovebodykits,com
I have a 99 Accord why would I buy a 01-02 lip? It was advertised as a 98-02 Type-R Honda Accord 2D lip.

Its big enough about half an inch longer on the back sides, it would work I believe. I have called them several several times, they have terrible customer service im finding out. I'm waiting on a return call about them sending me a return label.

You have a 99 accord but your front bumper is from an 01-02 coupe ? Interesting .. It looks like you did a front end swap .. the hood is misaligned too. You have an 01-02 coupe bumper.

EDIT: In other words, they sent you the CORRECT bumper .. you just bought the wrong one =/

EDIT AGAIN: Also, the picture they have up is for a sedan.

Last edited:

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
You have a 99 accord but your front bumper is from an 01-02 coupe ? Interesting .. It looks like you did a front end swap .. the hood is misaligned too. You have an 01-02 coupe bumper.

EDIT: In other words, they sent you the CORRECT bumper .. you just bought the wrong one =/

EDIT AGAIN: Also, the picture they have up is for a sedan.

I'm stunned. :ugh: Umm.. so I have a 01-02 coupe front bumper? I can persuade the company that its their fault and have them drop ship me a 01-02 coupe bumper. Is that would I should do? I'm still confused why I have that bumper, I knew I had a different bumper than most of yall but I thought they just had different bumper for the 4's and the V6's. I thought Honda made different ones for them (I thought that was stupid, but now it makes sense).

So i'll have them drop ship me a 01-02 Accord Coupe front lip? That'd fit my diff bumper?

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
Bought it from ilovebodykits,com..I have called them several several times, they have terrible customer service im finding out..

I bought the same lip for my sedan about a month ago and it took 3-4days before I got any type of notification on the order. I called after a week for someone to tell me that it will be shipped out soon. Another 5 days later and it still hadn't been shipped. Called again and they no longer had any of the lips for my 99 sedan. I did notice that my money was refunded before my last call but they never called me or emailed me..I advised them that they had over 10 different ones and if they could just ship me one of the other ones that was the exact same lip they said that they couldn't do that... I will never buy from them again.

I would just send it back to them and shop elsewhere.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
I bought the same lip for my sedan about a month ago and it took 3-4days before I got any type of notification on the order. I called after a week for someone to tell me that it will be shipped out soon. Another 5 days later and it still hadn't been shipped. Called again and they no longer had any of the lips for my 99 sedan. I did notice that my money was refunded before my last call but they never called me or emailed me..I advised them that they had over 10 different ones and if they could just ship me one of the other ones that was the exact same lip they said that they couldn't do that... I will never buy from them again.

I would just send it back to them and shop elsewhere.

Thinking this was just the wrong lip i've been trying to send it back and get a refund but they keep saying they had a label sent out but it got "lost in shipping".

If someone could confirm that I should get a lip from a 01-02 Accord Coupe, I will just have them drop ship me it. Can anyone 100% confirm?

Back