Stock Stereo wattage?

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
I'm wanting to put in some new speakers soon, i'm wanting to know if anyone knows how much wattage the stock stereo can handle? I searched but not much availed from it. I might be putting out around 12-15 watts from me just taking a wild guess at it. Thanks.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Just put em in. I have after markets with my factory head unit. Made it a little clearer but in reality didn't do much

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Wattage ratings for aftermarket amplifiers are rated @ 1% THD. So if you check the rating of the OEM HU internal amplifier the same way it would likely be less than 10W. But, since most people don't care about distortion, it might be around 15W when you crank the knob all the way (@ much higher than 1% THD).

gt58

Reaction score
Wattage ratings for aftermarket amplifiers are rated @ 1% THD. So if you check the rating of the OEM HU internal amplifier the same way it would likely be less than 10W. But, since most people don't care about distortion, it might be around 15W when you crank the knob all the way (@ much higher than 1% THD).

good point. aftermarket stereos will be able to put out more clean power. dont cheap out on speakers, i made the mistake by buying cheapie 20 dollar kenwood speakers and they were quiet and sounded no good.

Back