help please!!

angelamwv

Reaction score
I have recently done a swap on my 2000 accord ex automatic that had a f23al. I put a f20 b in the car. Everything has checked out right plugs, wires etc.. when i started the car it ran rough and the check engine light stayed on the code read misfire on all cylinders. Checked everything even timing.so put the old injectors in out of the f23 a1. Runs fine now all except the engine light flashes and stores code p1399 which is still misfire on all cylinders. The only thing i have not done is put an f20b ecu in. Still using the f23 al. Will the f20 b ecu fix this prpblem? And if will what will it have to be pinned to? Also the motor is jdm.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
That's the problem. You either need to run a chipped ecu or the ecu meant for the engine.

I'm pretty sure its not runnung correctly with the f23 ecu. Any limp mode? Can you drive the car pass 3000 rpm?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Any boggings or hesitant for the car to go?

Tried replacing the distributor or the spark plugs?

I'm more than positive that it has something to do wuth the incorrect ecu

angelamwv

Reaction score
Dont seem to have any hesitation. I got this motor off of tiger Japanese and they do not have the ecu for it. Any idea where to get one?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Probably craigslist, ebay, honda-tech, or other accord/prelude forums.

But if it shows misfires but doesn't seem to be misfiring you can probably drive on it for a bit.

angelamwv

Reaction score
O'k thankyou. I just dont want to tear up anything. I did the swap cause my other motor had 300,000 and was using oil. I wish i would have just stuck the original back in with lower miles.:coffee:

Back