2000 Accord EX "Security" Disable.

Reaction score
I got rid of my Immobilizer the other day. Took the chip right out of the ECU. Solved my no-start problems and I'm golden in that aspect. I plan on getting a JDM ECU in the near future so I can still read trouble codes.

I still have the "security"...Flashing lights at my door locks, etc. I've tried looking up (extensively) how to disable this completely. I've ran into various different methods being proposed and some people stating that the security is so tied into the electronics, it's almost impossible to do. I don't believe this. If my car is going to get stolen in Detroit, it's going to get stolen whether I have this system or not. The only thing it's doing is acting up and annoying me. Now I have radio trouble..even with an aftermarket radio. Other than this security crap, the car is tip-top.

Does anyone have a sure fire method of getting rid of this once and for all? It's the OEM "security" system on the '00 Accord EX (2.3). I figured this forum would be the best place to address it. I have zero problem getting punk and tearing things out.

Thanks in advance for any real info you might have.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
I got rid of my Immobilizer the other day. Took the chip right out of the ECU. Solved my no-start problems and I'm golden in that aspect. I plan on getting a JDM ECU in the near future so I can still read trouble codes.

I still have the "security"...Flashing lights at my door locks, etc. I've tried looking up (extensively) how to disable this completely. I've ran into various different methods being proposed and some people stating that the security is so tied into the electronics, it's almost impossible to do. I don't believe this. If my car is going to get stolen in Detroit, it's going to get stolen whether I have this system or not. The only thing it's doing is acting up and annoying me. Now I have radio trouble..even with an aftermarket radio. Other than this security crap, the car is tip-top.

Does anyone have a sure fire method of getting rid of this once and for all? It's the OEM "security" system on the '00 Accord EX (2.3). I figured this forum would be the best place to address it. I have zero problem getting punk and tearing things out.

Thanks in advance for any real info you might have.

I can't help you on getting rid of the immobilizer, but would recommend getting it fixed. Yeah, I know I'm just a noob, but think about it this way, when it's actually working it does keep your car from getting stolen. I mean if the thief can't start it, he's going to pass on taking it. Sure more F150's and Dodge Caravans get stolen in Detroit than any other model, but elsewhere the Accord is the number 1 stolen automobile. Like you've already found with it being disconnected, it's tied into the ECU, and affects other items. You might want to do more searching on the site, and contact those who have already by-passed it, and see what kind of problems they've had.

FNCONE

Reaction score
so you just want to remove the security door from flashing? or are you trying to eliminate the alarm going off when the door, hood or trunk open?

Back