Back up camera specifically for 6th gen license plate light lens opening.

EJB

Reaction score
Hello all. Just joined. I have a 98 Accord EX Sedan. 270K. I am looking for an aftermarket back up camera that also has LEDs or whatever to illuminate the license plate at night, that will pop right into where the current license plate bulb lens is up under the trunk lid. I've seen things like this offered on eBay from China but they appear to my eye to be too shallow to allow the camera to extend below the truck lip of my sedan. They make it sound like they fit 98-2012 or something but I'm not buying it (literally and figuratively). I'd like to do this w/o major modification. Looking for a product that will have wires for the plate lights to attach to the old bulb wiring, but also have wires to connect to back-up light for camera power. Forgive me if this has been covered already, or covered to death. I've seen different modifications on forums but I'd like to keep this simple. I feel if I bought a license plate frame mounted camera it would block a significant amount of the light for the license, since there is just the one bulb centered over the plate, which would be right in line with the camera. No one wants to be pulled over for nonsense. Plus I don't think the frame-mounted cameras look all that great. I've seen what I've described manufactured for all kinds of car models by a company called Gazer, but nothing specifically for a 6th Gen Accord. Any help/referrals/guidance would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Doppelganger59!

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I ordered one of the cameras that mounts in factory tag light location. It will work but is too shallow to give you the full picture. It cuts off a quarter to a third of the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back