V6 Alternator Upgrade DIY W/ pics

chasnsx

Reaction score
Guys, correct me if I am wrong, but according to the catalog of alternators in Autopartswarehouse.com, the 6 cyl alternator rotates clockwise, and the 4 cyl alternator rotates counterclockwise. :doh:

Chas

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
stupid questions but do you think this alternator could keep up with about 3500-4000 watts of amplifiers? thats with 2 batteries.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
I'm assuming this would be the exact same as on a 2G TL...... my bro's alt. just died, so I think I'm going to try doing this and save him a lot of money. lol. maybe he'll get me a better bday present. :badger:

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
Very nice DIY, when I've got cash on hand and I'm looking for a Sunday afternoon project, I'll have to dig this thread up.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I never understood why someone would swap an Accord alternator for an Odyssey one. And now I do. Really nicely done DIY.

madmech_79

Reaction score
stupid questions but do you think this alternator could keep up with about 3500-4000 watts of amplifiers? thats with 2 batteries.
holy shet..get nose bleeds from that set up, the most wattage I ever ran was 1000 and I never had the gain more than 1/4 throttle, had 2 polk tens sounded great.
You would need something real heavy duty to supply those amps.

Last edited:

slaiguy

Reaction score
where can you get an odyssey alt for a v6?

nixed007

Reaction score
^^ car-parts.com or any local auto shop. Make sure you have the alternator tested before you install it if you are buying from car-parts.com or any local junkyard.

Back