Fast Blink Right Turn Signal

lothian

Reaction score
2000 Accord LX

The right turn signal is suddenly fast-flashing relative to the left turn signal. All ride-side bulbs light; and neither the dash indicator nor the corner bulbs were changed. Presumably, just one relay device drives both sides so given the fact that the left turn signal operates fine, I assume that this part is OK. This phenomenon just started.

What's the deal? Is this a code/indication of some thing?

SupraGuy

Reaction score
That is generally an indication that a light bulb has burned out.

Try turning on the hazard lights, and comparing left and right sides, you'll probably find that a bulb has burned out somewhere.

Edit: This will also often happen when a bulb has been replaced with an LED alternative.

The flasher operates on a Resistance/Capacitance timer, increasing resistance on the circuit decreases the amount of time that a flash takes to cycle. In this way, it can warn you of a failed lamp. LED lamps use a lot less power, so they restrict current with a high resistance, which the flasher will treat the same way as a failed lamp.

Last edited:

Accordx

Reaction score
As SupraGuy already said, the bulb is either burnt out or close to it, I've seen other people on the road who have a fast blinker so it may not be burnt out yet

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
it has happened to me before when the filament in the bulb was broken, but still connecting over the broken spot. that would cause a variance in the voltage through the bulb, thus triggering the hyper flash for a bulb outage.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
cars run separate left/right relays for exactly this reason, to let you know you have a bulb out.

Back