Remote Start Not Working Correctly

Accordx

Reaction score
Hey everyone, glad to see the forum has been quite active recently compared to a few months ago. Anyway I've been meaning to ask about this for a while now. A couple months back I threw on an eBay cold air intake (which I'm very happy with), but it was also after I installed it that my remote start stopped working. The remote start/locks/trunk opener was installed by the previous owner so don't ask me about the wiring situation (it's a mess haha). So usually you'd press the button twice to use the remote start and it would start right up just like normal. Seems like after I put on the intake something got messed up. You press it and it sounds like it's starting up just fine but right after the engine fires up it makes a weird noise for a couple seconds then shuts off. Could also smell gas after this happened. I don't really know what's causing this but maybe the intake is confusing something and the engine is dumping too much fuel in upon startup? I've had no problem starting the car normally and all the other remote functions work fine. Some input would be great, sorry for the long explanation. Thanks!

dawg316

Reaction score
the cold air intake has nothing to do with it.

depends on the brand of automatic start, but in my experiance there usualy junk and dont last long. so most likley the auto start module/computer/brain is bad.

not uncommon at all.

Accordx

Reaction score
the cold air intake has nothing to do with it.

depends on the brand of automatic start, but in my experiance there usualy junk and dont last long. so most likley the auto start module/computer/brain is bad.

not uncommon at all.

Alright must've been a timing coincidence then. It's an avital system, it's always worked since my dad picked up the car (had it for about 5 or 6 years now) so I just find it odd that it randomly doesn't work correctly. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the computer or the wiring though.

Back