CEL blinking 5 times and hard starting and rough start

bocas0225

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm in need of some serious help right now!!! My CEL after turning the key to the on position and after about 15 seconds will blink 5 times and then shut off. After about 6 tries of trying to start the car it will then turn on but have a really really rough idle, but once I start giving it has the engine will try to stay on. Once the engine is finally on and running after about 1-2 minutes it will start to run normal. I have recently changed my spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor. This issue just start about a week or two ago. PLEASE MY FELLOW CG6 Owners I need your help!! I start a new job tomorrow and have to get this fix tonight.

twofast4u

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm in need of some serious help right now!!! My CEL after turning the key to the on position and after about 15 seconds will blink 5 times and then shut off. After about 6 tries of trying to start the car it will then turn on but have a really really rough idle, but once I start giving it has the engine will try to stay on. Once the engine is finally on and running after about 1-2 minutes it will start to run normal. I have recently changed my spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor. This issue just start about a week or two ago. PLEASE MY FELLOW CG6 Owners I need your help!! I start a new job tomorrow and have to get this fix tonight.

Interesting issue. Since you took car of spark/ignition.... I would say check your injectors and idle air control valve. Also check if your plugs are still good as they might be fouled.

bocas0225

Reaction score
Plugs are still good just dirty.... Maybe if I get some brakes parts cleaner and clean them with a wire brush that might help also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I gotta think a bit then, I've never seen an MIL flash with no codes. Normally it flashes while missing then you get at least a PO0300 (I think, random misfire, from memory).

Back