Coupe 5MT swap questions

capsidx

Reaction score
It was super simple. Took less than an hour to make my first one. The only way my car is being taken is if rusty tows it with his old 1970's tow truck he stole right off the set of sanford and son :rofl:

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Yea I don’t hear of many cars in my area being stolen but with my luck some scumbag would try to take my baby so I think I’m gonna go the safe route but we’ll see. But man 5+ acres.. that sounds lovely lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's kind of nice. Then you have days like today where we got over 5 inches of snow this morning and afternoon.

Oh, and capsidx, that would be a friend of mines truck you're describing. I've got an 06 full size Chevy sitting here.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
It was super simple. Took less than an hour to make my first one. The only way my car is being taken is if rusty tows it with his old 1970's tow truck he stole right off the set of sanford and son :rofl:

Is it finally up and running correctly yet?? You know, hitting all 4 and no oil leaks.

capsidx

Reaction score
Yea but its idling super low now. turns out the spark plugs were the issue. I wasted 6 hours checking wiring lol. Anyways I drove it and it displays all the symptoms of a bad IACV except the ECU I have disables IACV and I blocked it off so im confused. With the iacv in the idle is really high (vacuum loss because its default open). Blocked off it idles at like 450 (on the tach). Im stumped lol. We should move this though so we dont jack this dudes thread. Want to move to franks thread? You might be able to help me find something simple I missed.

Student005

Reaction score
Yea but its idling super low now. turns out the spark plugs were the issue. I wasted 6 hours checking wiring lol. Anyways I drove it and it displays all the symptoms of a bad IACV except the ECU I have disables IACV and I blocked it off so im confused. With the iacv in the idle is really high (vacuum loss because its default open). Blocked off it idles at like 450 (on the tach). Im stumped lol. We should move this though so we dont jack this dudes thread. Want to move to franks thread? You might be able to help me find something simple I missed.

No worries I might learn a thing or two also lol. But why does it idle high with the iacv hooked up? Is that common with 5MT swaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capsidx

Reaction score
It doesnt. Rusty was asking about my F20b swap. You shouldnt need to touch your IACV for the manual swap lol. It idles high because its disabled by the ECU so my guess is that its stuck open causing a huge vacuum leak., Once its blocked off my idle drops down and the car settles but it idles at like 450. Just re did my harness AGAIN for the 4th time. This time I added longer wires so theres less stress on the pins.

Back