AMR Coilovers Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Ok this is bullsh*t...

Still no word from Andy. I've called 5 times and left 3 messages since last Thursday, with no response.

Kev, if you can get a hold of him, by all means please do.

THESE COILOVERS HAVE TO BE ON MY CAR IN 7 DAYS.

At some point, there needs to be SOME sense of customer service/responsibility.

I don't think it's fair for someone to hold onto $10,000 of peoples money and not let them know whats going on or bite the bullet and do whatever it takes to get them their promised product.

After talking with him a while back about how the completion date was slipping out and how I needed these delivered by the first two weeks of May... this is just ridiculous STILL being in the dark, since I can't get a damn phone call returned.

If I knew it was going to be this hard and this frustrating, I would've said fvck it and jsut gotten some other coilovers.

At least maybe then my car could actually be ready for the one important event that I care about all year.

Does Andy have a damn cell phone? Like one he carries on him? That's the number I want. Not the one that goes to voicemail every f*cking time we call.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
I just called him and he said he was going to post in this thread. Are you guys sure you have the right number? When I call him he picks up. *shrugs*

GoldnKnight22

Reaction score
Just talked to him on the phone for a while..... and I don't have anything else to share for an update....

And yeah I think I was one of the first who was contacted and paid.

GoldnKnight22

Reaction score
There's no way he can have them done before June....

.... it's time for plan B for CanAm.

The 6th gen sets are going to be assembled soon I think.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
From a customer service standpoint, and the fact that AMR's reputation was the main reason why people ordered in the first place, it seems it would be in his best interests to get these to the very patient people who have been waiting as quickly as possible. Andy, you started with support from some prominent people on this site who said you were a good guy with a great product, and for whatever reason(s) you have seemingly slacked off and are losing the credibility that got you these orders in the first place. I am hoping that you do right by the people that are represented in this thread and go on to have more smooth transactions in the future.

AMR Engineering

Reaction score
Sorry I just wrote a freaking long *** responce only to have it gone. After I hit the reply button it asked me login again and when I did that all the stuff I typed was not there anymore. So here I go again.

I don't speak to Kevin often aka Doctor X. He usually text me or calls me later hours to get a hold of me. I hope some of you realize we are on the west coast cause some of you have called us at 5am LOL. I hope you don't expect me to pick up the phone at 5am haha. I did however forget to call Kevin back "Goldnight" but I did speak with him today over the phone.

Anyways here is the jist of what is going on. Some of you know, some of you don't know. There are some of you that e-mail me all the time, and there are some of you that just don't care and understand the coilovers will arrive when they are ready. So there is no miscommunication since I have not spoken to all of you I will post it all here for you to read so you all have the same information.

There was no delays in machining the parts other than the top hats I need for Kevin's TL. All the parts were machined and anodized pretty much when I expected them to be finished. They have been sitting at the anodizers for about 5-6 weeks now. What has been delayed in assembly. Why? Well after our 6 month lease we signed was up, and since we had already outgrown the previous place I decided it was a good time to move and take the next step. So we had been looking for a place even when I was out of the country. As soon as I got off the plane I took a look at this 2,000 square feet faciltiy which is only 3 years old, and is in a perfect location. My partner and I decided to move into the place to only find out after my application was approved they had rented it out to someone else. Obviously this was the start of my frustration because we had to be moved out soon out of our old place. The project manager then told us there was another unit of the same size which he will build to suit. It had a bathroom already and just needed an office. Unfortunately it was also not wired for our equipment. I need atleast 5 outlets. Our equipment runs off both 220 single and 3 phase power. So the project manager agreed to get us the power needed for our equipment. He said he would be finished by the 2nd week of April. Well there was a delay getting the permit and the final inspection was on May 3rd. So you can obviously figure out there was slacking on there part, not on my part. On top of that when the final inspection was done he had not even started on wiring the shop for power!!!!!!!!! So here I am stuck with a shop with no power, and no office, and just simply no where to work really and orders are still coming in. So you probably have a clue what came next which was a verbal beating to shake things up to get things moving. Why the hell would you have the electrician who did the office not do a bid for the warehouse and get that wired up at the same time!! Why would you delay it after the office is finished when they clearly know I need my spot!! So here I am already paid the 2nd month of rent with little to see for it and I am also spending thousands of dollars on new equipment. New lift, compressor, workstations..etc...So after I let out my frustration to the project manager I got the owner involved and the other staff to get some results. Cause he was also arguing that he was only goin to pay for 3 outlets, and not 5. The 3 outlets were already going to cost him over a grand to get installed. I basically settled for the 3 and paid for the others. It was just not worth the lost time you know. I've got 40 custom radiator orders I need to fill, and I need our welder going like now!! Also when he finally did get the electrician to come in a do a bid he didn't respond for days. To this day I don't even think he submitted a bid!! So the project manager who is already tired of dealing with me since all I have been doing is busting his balls decided to let me hire someone myself. So we got that done last week. He had everything wired in 1 day. So what have I been up to since then? Well guess what more money out of my pocket. I swear the project manager stated he was goin to put carpet in the office. I should have had him put it in writing, but I didn't think he was goin to be this disorganized and slow. Well he didn't so I had to purchase laminate flooring and install it myself before we could move our office stuff out of the warehouse and put it where it belongs. I also had to do some painting, and fix some drywall which was left unfinished. Right now I have a coat of paint to put in the bathroom and the office and bathroom will be completed. My partner who was out of town for 5 days just got back today and we will be installing the other post for our 2 post lift. You think that was the only problem. I bought a BRAND NEW lift to only get 1 of the top extension post bent. I just got that replacement part last week, and my partner has not been around to help me drill and mount this last post. We have local cars that need coilover installed as well as corner scaling done so this is what we will be doing this week. Also the stainless table top for our new craftsman workbenches should be cut and finished this week. I have already started to assemble a few sets for my Evo X customers who have been also been patiently waiting. I upgraded all of them to our billet aluminum mounts which is an extra 175+ dollars. I ended up upgrading all of you to our latest monotube dampers free of charge to show my appreciation for your patience, and hiring my company to make coilovers for you. I was not going to release the revised dampers till Fall, but I wanted to do something with my time. So even though my guys had already finished machining all the parts for your dampers, I had them remachine some of the parts using the new drawings. I will simply use the previous designed and made parts for rebuilds and other future projects. So you are going to get the latest piston design, and other few changes we made to the dampers with your order.

I am sorry, but till I find someone that is as picky as I am, and can do my job we are always going to have some sort of leadtime. It takes 4 hours to build a set of dampers. On top of that I have to take order and continue to run my company. I believe I am one of the few companies out there that offer the services we offer, and have a proven track record of durability. This is the reason why people come to me and wait patiently to have me assemble something for them so they know they are getting a quality product with a great warranty to back it up. We are very hands on and our quality control is pretty damn outstanding. There have been delays, but these are things out of my hands, and I apologize for them, but I did not forsee it would take this long and be this difficult to move. I just wanna pay my rent, be left alone, and do what I love to do. I have done everything I can to make you guys happy by upgrading you guys. You are more than welcome to cancel you order if you would like. We do have a no cancel policy, but in this case I would be willing to refund you if your part of this groupbuy. If you can't or don't want to wait a few more weeks then just call me and ask for a refund. I know for a fact that once someone finds out I have a set ready to ship they will jump on board to buy them. With our leadtimes it is not very hard to sell a set which is in stock these days and there are many members on here that have pm'd me interested in picking up a set for the groupbuy price especially. I don't want any drama, no hard feelings. I am simply doing this because I am a accord owner myself, and I have built a good relationship with many of the members here due to the 11 years I been doing this and been working on this chassis. I rarely do groupbuys or sponsor websites anymore due to our worload. You guys really need to thank Doctor X for putting this together cause you guys are getting a heck of a deal. And for those posting in this thread that don't belong in this thread period, you obviously have never seen our coilovers or ran on them because if you did you would not mention the other crap in this thread, and you would also have a clear understanding why I have the workload and customer that I do. Not to be cocky, but I am good at what I do, and the amount of customers I have not only proves that, but the fact I have yet to have a blown damper for almost 6 years now states something. The wait is worth it. For example I had a guy that passed up on a set of coilovers for his Ralliart. He ended buying some HKS setup that was barely used for like a grand. Well guess what...he put in a order for our coilovers and wish he had just ordered ours because HKS customer service sucks. The coilover ended up using the factory top hats and there was a missing part in order to use the factory top hats. HKS will not sell you the part. They will only sell you the part if you send your coilovers in for inspection which they will charge you, and then they will special order the part for you. It's not over, then you must have them install the part!!!! So it is not only a hassle, but it is ridiculous that you would have to send your coilovers in just so they could order the part! Even when you know what part you need!! Yah he saved a few bucks, but he got a coilover system with poor support, and a pain in the *** to get replacement parts, and a set he can't use unless he pays HKS. My customers don't have that problem, our durability is proven. Also I speak to all our customers, and you deal direct with me. Yes it may take awhile to get your custom coilovers from us, but you are ordering custom coilovers, and getting them at a great price. I am also doing a lot of this stuff on my own time in order to get you the GB discount. You guys need to realize there was not that many of you yet I still honored the groupbuy price. So trust me, the wait is worth it. I put a lot of time into them already, but as I said you are more than welcome to cancel your order. It would simply be a shame though since you waited this long for them to only give them up to go to someone else you know.

I will post a list of names and when I have there setup to be schedule for assembly later this evening. I am almost done. I would have finished it over the weekend, but I injured my neck and shoulder. So I needed to rest. Trust me, I want this over and done with ASAP. My health is going out the door, I have gained 25lbs in the past 3 months, and my blood pressure is up. I am going to be borderline diabetic soon if I don't get back to eating healthy, and getting myself back in the gym. But things have been so hectic that I have not been able to take care of myself the way I should be taking care of myself since I am running around trying to take care of other things while they finished the shop. But now that all the major issues have been taken care of I just need to organize the rest of the shop and I will start assembling more coilovers. Also I won't wait till the shop is 100 percent. I simply need my workspace, and the warehouse organized enough to where I can get work done properly. Also our UPS account should be ready and our daily pickup should start next week. I will call UPS actually right now to get all that straightened out. UPS is weird. Even though I am in the same state, I have to get a new account number when I move out of the county or some district. It sucks, but it is the way they do things. So if I happen to have missed your call or e-mail here is your reply so everyone is on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back