Urgent help needed/ throttle body spacer!!!

Roadrage

Reaction score
I Recently Installed A Throttle Body Spacer....and Well The Idle Fluctuates Like Hell.. I Followed The Directions To The Best Of My Knowledge...has Any One Installed One Of These Before? Am I Missing Something? Has Anyone Done A Diy On This Yet? It's a helix throttle body spacer. Need HELP!! :eek:

Last edited:

chomorro21

Reaction score
Vacuum leak maybe?? Doesnt the spacer block an emissions component? I dont know but try resetting the ecu.

Roadrage

Reaction score
No it doesnt it just places a space beteween the throttle and throttle body. the compontes you're talking about just get moved over more everything still attaches to the throttle body

Roadrage

Reaction score
the only i way can get it to stop fluctuating is by setting the throttle linkage to 2g in neutral..then in D it goes to 1.5g, but after taking it for a ride then the car races up 3 grand in neutral. what the hell.... Help!

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
when i installed my OBX Throttle Body spacer, i used the gaskets that they came with.
did you scrap off the old gasket? and make sure you tightened the bolts down securely.
make sure there is no misangle.
because the only reason for your throttle to surge up and down when dealing with a TB Spacer, is a vacuum leak.

other than that, installing a TB Spacer requires you to adjust your idle accordingly (or not at all, depending on your atmospheric air temp).

so, use the gaskets it came with, make sure you tighten down, and make sure nothing is misaligned.

Roadrage

Reaction score
Thank you all for the advice, but i must be honest with you all..i took off the throttle spacer and placed the car back to stock ( as for as the throttle is concerned) once again thank you for your help.

Back