-=[ CCFL Ftw! ]=-

HomerJay

Reaction score
I just installed these yesterday while doing my retrofit.

Retrofit046.jpg

There are LED strips from Oznium.com. I was gonna do the CCFL tubes but I didnt want anything catching on fire or blowing up so i went with these.
I love 'em!!...:thumbsup:

I see that they're ready for 12V systems. So you simply tapped into the socket for the bulb that originally lit up the botttom? How did you attach the strips in place? Thanks for the idea!...I'm gonna steal it when I repaint my headlights...:beer:

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Haha yes I'm alive & well, just bought a condo here in Tampa Palms while going to school at USF.

The accord's practically unchanged except for a few minor upgrades since 2004, running perfectly with almost 66k miles...not bad for a 1998.

Sorry this is off-topic! -Brad

srikid

Reaction score
I finished the retro a couple weeks ago. Doesnt look too bad. I will take some pics and post soon.

Sorry I didnt answer any questions but I didnt know anyone had asked. As for as length, I think 12" or slightly less would be perfect and I thought the 9.5" would be too short so I bought the 20" and cut them.

What I did to mount them was I bought some plastic strips and then glued the LED strips to the plastic strips. Then I glued the plastic strips inside the headlight. So far it has worked and hopefully it wont come loose or anything.

$k@r!0

Reaction score
sounds good can't wait for the pix

only thing I could think of that potentially could go wrong is the glue (can it handle high temperatures?) if not it would suck to keep opening up the headlights to fix the led strips

matty2013

Reaction score
Since you've been patient for the pics... Here it is whithout the led strip on

Tune in next week for the pic with the LED on!!!

Just kidding! here it is

Back