Shock and spring combo?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
How do all of these ride compared to stock? Stock will always be most comfortable but is it similar or close? I'm just annoyed at how bumpy F2 Type 1 are and how it makes a super loud bang over certain bumps and stuff... Is tein SS the most comfort for a good price? Would shock and spring be better or the same?
I'd say, the softest settings on Tein SA is veery close to the stock ride. The SA is what you would want to look for, if you're going with Tein. Not the SS. I'm saying that the SA is cheaper than SS, yet better quality than the SS.

I've heard that Koni Yellows are the softest among quality shocks for our cars, and I was going for that, if I didn't choose the coilover kits for my suspension.

But, regardless of your choice in your mind, you will feel the world of difference from the FF Type 1 you had before.

phi1542

Reaction score
I'd say, the softest settings on Tein SA is veery close to the stock ride. The SA is what you would want to look for, if you're going with Tein. Not the SS. I'm saying that the SA is cheaper than SS, yet better quality than the SS.

I've heard that Koni Yellows are the softest among quality shocks for our cars, and I was going for that, if I didn't choose the coilover kits for my suspension.

But, regardless of your choice in your mind, you will feel the world of difference from the FF Type 1 you had before.

Alright haha ill consider Tien SA. Koni yellow shocks themselves probably cost the same as full coilovers..... my second option is yellows and some H&R springs? I had H&R originally but on stock shocks its bouncy.. I got my F2 from pinoy209 and we swapped suspension so I'm wondering if he still has them. If so Ill go with that and yellows if i can get them back. I've been trying to get a hold of him but no luck :( hes not really active on the forums. Is there any good springs with yellows i should consider?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Springs people have paired w/Yellows include Neuspeed, Eibach, H&R, Ksport, etc etc.

bgrooms731

Reaction score
My current setup is Tein S.Techs with the Koni Str.t. It rides pretty close to stock with the progressive rate springs. Comfort really isn't an issue. Pretty decent setup in the corners as well. As far as wheel gap, you shouldn't have any wheel gap with this setup. I have 17s and I have 0 wheel gap in the rear and maybe a half inch in the front which is easily fixable with the boat look DIY.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Derek, just wanted to lyk that it's Tein, not Tien.

Tein = Technical Innovation

and

Tien is.....

za6erehe.jpg

phi1542

Reaction score
My current setup is Tein S.Techs with the Koni Str.t. It rides pretty close to stock with the progressive rate springs. Comfort really isn't an issue. Pretty decent setup in the corners as well. As far as wheel gap, you shouldn't have any wheel gap with this setup. I have 17s and I have 0 wheel gap in the rear and maybe a half inch in the front which is easily fixable with the boat look DIY.

Derek, just wanted to lyk that it's Tein, not Tien.

Tein = Technical Innovation

and

Tien is.....

za6erehe.jpg

Oh my bad LOL I didnt notice hahaha but I was reaseraching a little and they have a similar drop but Tein is better for street comfort while H&R is a little more stiff and is better for handing at corners and stuff so I think I'll go with Tein S Tech. Price for good shocks and springs is like almost $1,000..... How much better would that be for Tein SA since Tien SA is around $700. Is the extra $300 worth?

Last edited:

bgrooms731

Reaction score
From what I understand the Teins are made to feel a bit softer like oem. It's close enough to oem that my mom has driven the car a few times and has no complaints about the ride quality.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Oh my bad LOL I didnt notice hahaha but I was reaseraching a little and they have a similar drop but Tein is better for street comfort while H&R is a little more stiff and is better for handing at corners and stuff so I think I'll go with Tein S Tech. Price for good shocks and springs is like almost $1,000..... How much better would that be for Tein SA since Tien SA is around $700. Is the extra $300 worth?

I got my SA for like $850 brand new. Affording a named-brand JDM coilover kits for less than $900 was pretty damn amazing imo. Oh, you see it as $700 nowadays? Wow, that's even better!

(It's my 2 cents, but w/ the extra $300 for springs + shocks, you wont be able to adjust your height, if you ever wanted to.)

phi1542

Reaction score
I got my SA for like $850 brand new. Affording a named-brand JDM coilover kits for less than $900 was pretty damn amazing imo. Oh, you see it as $700 nowadays? Wow, that's even better!

(It's my 2 cents, but w/ the extra $300 for springs + shocks, you wont be able to adjust your height, if you ever wanted to.)

Thats what I was thinking. If i ever got different wheels for a flushed look I cant adjust to fill the gap. Are SA just as comfortable as S Tech? and can SA drop lower than S tech? Tein dont usually drop that low

Back