f23a1 block/h22a7 head turbo

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
I think I'm going to get another f23 from Japan and make a drag car. I have a lot of faith in my f23s, my nearly stock accord stayed right next to a b18 civic ex-racecar. I'm looking to push at least 8600rpm, so dohc would be fantastic, especially with turbo. I have never had my hands on a h22 head, it does not directly fit on an f23, correct? I'm pretty sure I have the resources to make it fit, but for now I would also like to know what the maximum bore is for the f23 block? Is 2.6l doable?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Not trying to be a pessimist but I don't see you getting 8600 out of a long stroke motor like the F23.

Not saying there's no way, I just don't see it happening. Also, I've never seen much more than 2.45l out of the F23, doesn't mean you can do it.

The head does bolt directly up to the block, just a couple oil passages in the head that need to be blocked. You need a different belt, and the water pump needs some gear swapping. Other than that, simple.

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
Good to know. 8600rpm was a bit of an exaggeration, now that I think of it an 04 Type R Integra went to like to like 9000, had to be some sort of wind up toy. Rotary engines out of the factory hardly push 8k, yeah maybe 8600 is far fetched (but not impossible). 2.45l is good enough for me.
This is starting to feel more like a sleeper build... screw the strip.

Back