finally getting aftermarket alarm

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
hey i finally am getting an good aftermarket alarm, and i narrowed it down to 2 choices. I dont need remote start, plus install will be more expensive, but my two choices are

Clifford matrix 12.5

matrix12_5xnew.jpg

or Viper 5002

Viper5000RespondeTXbg.jpg

i know they are under the same corporation, but i kinda like the clifford better because it looks a lot more oem, and classy. But the viper has a warn away proximity sensor, but i dont know if the clifford has the same thing. Both of them have the stinger shock sensor, but does the clifford have any warn away sensor ?

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i had the 5002 on my last accord, and i plan on getting it for the new one. i liked it alot, but the one thing i had to do was always keep some extra aaa batteries cuz they would go dead quite often, hahaha. but its a good alarm, and has great add-ons for other features.

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
i did some research on it, they both seem to be quite similar, but i just cant make up my mind on them.

i like the fact that clifford is high-end, and that the viper is also one of the best.

the one thing i want to know is that if i purchase the clifford, is it possible to add on options later on ?

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
ok i finally ordered the alarm but it was not the clifford or viper, but i decided to get a ScyTek ASTRA-777 alarm with two way pager led.

I know Scytek is not as nice as the viper or clifford alarms, but after much research, i feel this will serve my basic needs.

I was also considering crimeguard, but the Scytek had more features and the price was great at $64

i believe ScyTek components are very good and i also got a free additional warrenty from square-trade.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8608_Astra+777+by+ScyTek+Industries+ASTRA-777.html#

let me know what you think people.

thanks for the tips and advice !

Back