What'd you do to your accord today?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I’ve never understood why the scrap yard or insurance can take your car after an accident, while you have parts you want to remove. You were just in an accident so everything sucks, and you spent a lot of money on the modifications…they’re yours, why can they just take them? I dunno, I just don’t get that…seems like BS.

Some 6GA owner going to that junkyard is going to hit the fawking jackpot. If any Canadian members live close to the yard it's going to, it would be great if they could get to it first.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
They let me take whatever I wanted from the car......I just didn't have to tools to remove bolts that were rusty.

The car would have needed to be on a hoist for me to be able to get anything off the front end.

Insurance was great, I have no complaints about how they handled things.

Some 6GA owner going to that junkyard is going to hit the fawking jackpot. If any Canadian members live close to the yard it's going to, it would be great if they could get to it first.

Well, they won't find out which scrapyard from me!! :lawl:

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Yes, most definately get those checked/replaced, asap.
Derek-san, it's kind of awkward saying in the situation like this, but thank you for the advice.

Repped you, sir.

Placed an order of OEM front upper ball joint bushings w/ clips, since one of my Ingalls is wearing out.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
9/8/13- I was unconscious from WRECK caused by Allstate Insurance customer
8-somethin-13: Allstate Insurance, took my motorcycle, it was theirs, not mine! I signed NOTHING for them, because I was still unconcious
3-sometin-14. Allstate FINALLY pays me, $3000 for a $15,000 bike, after I argued with them for HOURS because I just wantit back, they say I can't have it because it is totalled, so I hire an estimato to tell them it's NOT totalled, so thats when they finally gave me the $3k

**** them. **** Allstate.

Sry, random ranting...

DizzyP

Reaction score
^ definition of "Getting jacked!".

Synchronize your watches. I'll get my pitchforks and torches out the trunk awaiting further order.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Swapped out $7 OEM clock bulb for $1 Radio Shack bulb to compare and it just about a perfect match, just a smidgen brighter but I like it like that (barely noticeable).

Also testing out LEDS for back up lights. I got the Pilot brand and I don't think they are bright enough but that's all that local parts shop had in stock and I was short on time to shop around. Will be comparing lumens and getting some blinders really soon.

Also looked for a color matched driver sun visor. Want light gray (original interior headliner color) and been living with dark gray for awhile since that was all I could find in town. Found one but over priced so gonna go eBay. Which will leave me with two dark grays to sell.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
Sold the car earlier today. :sad: Totally unexpected as he emailed me last night and asked to meet up this afternoon. He went for a quick test drive and I thought he was going to say he'll go home and reconsider but surprisingly, he already had $4300 in cash with him. I gave him my "bottom line" price of $4600 and we shook hands. My asking price was $4995 so I felt it was very fair. Overall the transaction was quick and painless. The car spoke for itself, basically. Interestingly enough, my mom brought home the Honda back in November of '01 so we had it for a full 13 years. It sure treated us well. It is also exactly 2 months since I brought the Genesis home too.

Just came back from AAA to submit my transfer of liability...Still can't believe it is gone now but it is what it is. The more I saw the car just sitting in my lot not being driven, the more sad I was so I guess it was for the better that I finally sold it.

Last edited:
Back