**Updated need more help**removing alternator

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
Re: **Help** removing alternator

alright ill check the fuse, but how will i know if its blown, will it look different or something, and if its not the fuse, i want to take the alternator to autozone but i cant get it out of the car, any ideas of how do it.

You just disconnect the wiring harness and remove the retaining bolts. If the alternator is lodged after you remove the retaining bolts, you may need to carefully pry it loose. You do not need to remove the pulley to remove the alternator from the car. They will easily remove the pulley bolt with an impact wrench at AZ.

white beauty

Reaction score

^^ the thing is tho, i cant get my car to autozone, its dead, is there any way i could get the alternator off the pulley myself

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

^^did u even check ur fuse yet? always work from cheapest solution to most expensive

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score

yea....do u have one of those fuse tester....they're usually yellow...u stick the two pins on top of the fuse and if it glows green then its workin...if not...then its blown...as far as ur alternator...give it a lil tug....use those muscles mang

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
tighten it? :eh:

try and push the alternator higher... i never worked on an accord alternator, but the toyota ones can go up and down pretty easily via an adjusting bolt

hotaccord243

Reaction score
just loosen all the bolts, jam a screwdriver in there to pry it to tighten it up, and while holding it, tighten the bolts up, that should do it....

Back