----diy sedan to coupe rear window visor ----

Reaction score
ever since i got my coupe ive wanted a rear window visor (rear roof visor?) but i was only able to find them for the 4 door

after looking on forums i saw that toofastaccord said his was for a sedan and he got it to fit with some TLC so i went and ordered it and figured id put up a DIY to give back a little to this community that helped me

heres the auction on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0440748110&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and heres what tools i used

IMG_0863.jpg

an acrylic/plastic cutter from an art supply store for about 10 bucks

IMG_0862.jpg

60 grit and 220 grit sandpaper about 3 bucks each

IMG_0855.jpg

the visor fresh out the box

IMG_0861.jpg

i test fitted it on the window then used the 3M tape as a guide for how much i was gunna take off...then marked it with a white paint marker

IMG_0864.jpg

realised i didnt wanna take off too much and be stuck i made another line closer to the edge

IMG_0865.jpg

scored it with the acrylic cutter about 2 dozen times with more and more pressure

IMG_0866.jpg

grabbed some pliers and snapped it off

IMG_0867.jpg

other side

this is when i forgot to take more pics :D

the next step is cutting an angle where the corner is...about a half inch then sand down the rough edges and youre done

IMG_0885.jpg

finished product (with new blackout chrome trim)

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

hope this helped someone!

comments? thoughts?

DrOwZee

Reaction score
good DIY man. the only thing that keep me from doing this is that I think that those visor sticks out too much and doesnt really flow with the car. But none the less yours looks good. got any pics close up? how it sits on the window

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
i like it, this should be put in the master diy list... also the spoiler and roof visor look the same so it works

Reaction score
looks nice

It looks alright. Props on DIY
thanks guys

good DIY man. the only thing that keep me from doing this is that I think that those visor sticks out too much and doesnt really flow with the car. But none the less yours looks good. got any pics close up? how it sits on the window

yeah i was unsure of how it would stick out but i gave it a try anyway and it looks ok....when i go out today ill take some close up pics

gas station pics ftw. :lawl: gj on blackout and visor
haha yeah i was at the shell when took some test shots, thanks i like the blackout alot

i like it, this should be put in the master diy list... also the spoiler and roof visor look the same so it works
think so? ahha i missed half the pics and yeah they have the same angle so im happy with it

jaz

Reaction score
thanks for the find.. :D i've been looking for the sedan visor for a while now :eusa_wall:

minemineminemine!

kn0x47

Reaction score
personally i think a smaller window visor looks nice. nice work tho.
why is your honda H upside down??lol

Back