*more* Problems with RSB endlinks

cfox28

Reaction score
NEW PROBLEM:

So i decided to get new endlinks picked them up today everything's great right?

Wrong, so I tried to detach the upper part of the endlink so i could put in my

new endlinks swaybar and brackets, no luck they're rusted through.

went to a muffler shop had them try, and they used a torch and broke bracket it was attached too.

so now i need to replace the brackets ( the one underneath the shock tower and the abs lines)

Ideas? where can i get these? pick and pull junkyard? are these brackets the same as the 4 dr model?

OLD PROBLEM:

so I got a 20mm TL rear sway bar and was in the process of changing it out.

The bolts on the brackets could come off fine, but the endlinks seem to be a problem.

Ohio weather has rusted it to where i'm afraid of stripping the threading.

However on the other side I realized the end link came apart:

check it out: http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee387/charlesfox28/

So I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this problem.

should i see if the other end of the endlink will come off and then replace

with moog endlinks. where can I get a deal, is there another brand thats better?[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: Problems with RSB endlinks

Whenever someone does this, they try to save their OEM endlinks. Don't blame you for tryin...but just make it easy on yourself and get new endlinks.

ActNow

Reaction score

You could always get new end links from an auto parts store.

pandx1

Reaction score

just replaced the endlinks like 2 weeks ago. Bought them from a local part store. They were $14 a piece. Kinda worth it IMO

Adancito

Reaction score
I had a similar problem where the nut and bolt where turning at the same time and couldn't get the but nut off. I bought Moog endlinks either way so I didn't care for the OEM ones. But their a ***** when it seemseems so simple to do.

cfox28

Reaction score
well I got new endlinks so thats not the problem ne more. the problem is the a hole mechanic broke the bracket by the stut tower.

i bought two new brackets for 30. Honda quoted 180 for them to change the brackets and install my endlinks and sway bar.

F that though. I'll try it first myself. just need to figure out if there are ne torque specs for when i take the old brackets on and replace them

Joe_Kokomo

Reaction score
4 nuts 4 bolts, easiest suspension mod I have ever done. $180 is more than the bar, LOL! Silly dealer.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
well I got new endlinks so thats not the problem ne more. the problem is the a hole mechanic broke the bracket by the stut tower.

i bought two new brackets for 30. Honda quoted 180 for them to change the brackets and install my endlinks and sway bar.

F that though. I'll try it first myself. just need to figure out if there are ne torque specs for when i take the old brackets on and replace them

Torque spec: tight

Numbers 9 & 10

Back