-=[how To: Under-brow]=-

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Sup guys,
I have stock headlights on my 1999 Accord, and would like to darken / tint the orange part on the headlight on the bottom there. What would be the best solution, VHT Nite-Shades Blackout Tinting Spraypaint? I've seen some people do this to their 6th-gen, and it looks rad! On a similar note, when using the VHT nite-shades paint, you apply to the outside of the lens, not the inside correct?
Thanks for your help folks!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you can apply the spray tint to either the outside or the inside. id say for best results and look, you should take the headlight apart take out the strips and spray tint the outside of the strips, then put it all back together.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yes, take the headlights apart and spray the orange strips themselves. i did it, and it looks badass.

if you do happen to mess up or get runs, use brake cleaner while the tint is still wet. good luck :thumbsup:

dynasty

Reaction score
i just sprayed my amber strips white since my headlights are white housing. i didn't bother putting the bulb back on. LOL.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Thanks guys, this should help a whole lot. Another quick question:
What kind of bulb does the socket take which goes into the bottom orange part there? My car came with the socket, but without any bulb in it. I don't recognize the type of bulb =\
Also, Is it possible to buy a white LED for it? and will it be lit the same as my parking lights?
Thanks!

Accordingly

Reaction score
I sprayed the outside of my headlights with the VHT nite-shades. It came out beautiful, just make sure the surface is REALLY clean before you spray or it will bubble. I had to re-do mine a few times before I got it just right. A good solution if you're to lazy to take off the front bumper like me :-D

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Hmm... Thanks man, I'll probably do that. This still didn't answer my second question though...

Russianred said:
What kind of bulb does the socket take which goes into the bottom orange part there? My car came with the socket, but without any bulb in it. I don't recognize the type of bulb =\
Also, Is it possible to buy a white LED for it? and will it be lit the same as my parking lights?
Thanks!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
oh, yea, you can get a LED for it. any color you want really. it wont reflect much tho, when i had one in it just lit where the LED was and that was about it. you can sand the lense a little and this way the LED light would disperse more. but yea, you can throw a LED in there.

Back