Manual Transmission Fluid(MTF) Change Procedures (photos)

99F23VTech

Reaction score
YES, GM Synchromesh is outstanding, and does wonders. I have used it and i continue to use it i actually flush (D&F) my tranny more than needed, probably every 15k or so...

finch13

Reaction score
YES, GM Synchromesh is outstanding, and does wonders. I have used it and i continue to use it i actually flush (D&F) my tranny more than needed, probably every 15k or so...

Word. I like to do mine around that too.. it's cheap enough to do it yearly or every 6 months.

99F23VTech

Reaction score
Word. I like to do mine around that too.. it's cheap enough to do it yearly or every 6 months.

Not only that i am pretty anal about the maint. on my car, oil change is EVERY 3k with Mobil 1 5/30 and mobil 1 filter, and tranny is around every 15k... the only thing i have lacked on is TB :doh:

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Drain plug is 29 ft. lb, and fill plug is 33 ft. lb

Same as pretty much every Honda tranny that I've done. Thanks!

Not only that i am pretty anal about the maint. on my car, oil change is EVERY 3k with Mobil 1 5/30 and mobil 1 filter

I'm sure you know, but you're wasting a lot of money changing the oil every 3000 miles, especially since you're using Mobil 1. Get your oil analyzed and you will be surprised at how long you can go between OCI's. :thumbsup:

MAR387

Reaction score
You don't need to change Fill plug washer, part# 94109-20000, $.44 or Drain plugwasher, part# 94109-14000, $.22, right? I'm about to try Redline for my transmission fluid for the summer because I'm going to be putting 150 miles a day, 4 days a week, for 12 weeks on the car. That and using Extended Life Amsoil Synthetic for my oil :).

changaroo

Reaction score
you should change the drain plug washer at least.

and for the people asking about GM synchromesh, buy Penzoil synchromesh, exact same stuff comes from the same place (GM), but Penzoil is about 7 bucks a qt and can be found everywhere :)

finch13

Reaction score
Good info dude.

I never change my crush washers, never have any leaks. It's up to you, but %1.50 tops for both isn't bad. A lot of people are switching over to nylon washers now since they're cheaper and seal better.

Back