Spacemonkee's '00 AV6 4door (No 56K)

xci.ed6

Reaction score
actually, what bulbs are turn-signal / reverse?

pop in LED, or built-in LED?

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
After reading this, I'm so glad you came to hate those tails. lol! These ones are so much nicer! Props on the whole car man!

Thanks, my parents put them on when they first got the car back in 01. When they were still "all the rage" haha. One of my first thoughts when I got it was to ditch them.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
The car is def coming along. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
cool!

can you fit tail-lamp plugs (2-filament) in the turn/reverse holes...somehow?

I want to hack mine to both be reverse AND turn, I think some 1157 flip-flop/switchback led's in there.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
cool!

can you fit tail-lamp plugs (2-filament) in the turn/reverse holes...somehow?

I want to hack mine to both be reverse AND turn, I think some 1157 flip-flop/switchback led's in there.

You would need to replace the harness and socket with a dual filament type. wouldn't be too hard. Just get the correct socket for the tail lamp and wire one filament to the turn signal wire and the other to reverse wire. Common ground depending on if either one is ground side switched. I'm not sure how they are wired from the factory. I did something similar to my old Mazda B2200. Wired the corner lights to be both turn signals and parking lights by replacing and rewiring the socket.
Example socket and harness.
1PMQKVg.jpg

Last edited:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
The car is def coming along. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Thanks! Just got my new subs and amp in the mail, replacing the old Rockford Fosgate Punch P2s from 2005 to the new model 2 x 10" Punch P2 2ohm DVC 300watt RMS and Rockford fosgate 500watt RMS Mono amp (Rated 640RMS). Both subs and amp I got off amazon for $340 with free shipping! Just put them in and "installed" a few more rattles along with them. I guess dynamat is my next move but its so expensive.

Old on top (circa 2005), new on bottom.
6Xbdkta.jpg

Pic of them installed, box soon to be replaced:
ccRjjOZ.jpg

Last edited:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Moved back down to SoCal. Got a new job with an automotive magazine company in advertising sales. Its an awesome job.

The Accord made the 7hr drive without any issues. I was hoping the original tranny with over 210,000 miles would have gone out by now so I would be forced to do the J32 6MT swap. For some strange reason it is still working okay. Its just a waiting game now...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Congrats on the new job, sounds great. I'd love to work for an auto mag, would be amazing to drive cars and then write about them. Buuuut there are no jobs like that in Ohio. :lawl:

Back