Sedan 3rd brake light. .

CokeZero

Reaction score
I'm finally about to tint the windows on the car, I want to remove the 3rd brakelight completely before I do it because I'm eventually going to get an oem deck lid with the brake light in the spoiler and wont be using the one inside the car anymore.

Does anyone know off top their head how it comes out? I don't have a day off this week to go and check it out, would like to be prepared when I tackle it Sunday.

cgsedanVIP

Reaction score
i just recent did a brake light delete and replaced it with an LED bar.
you have to get in from the trunk to remove the nuts that hold it on it either 2 or 3

CokeZero

Reaction score
i just recent did a brake light delete and replaced it with an LED bar.
you have to get in from the trunk to remove the nuts that hold it on it either 2 or 3

Sweet, thanks for the info. Welcome to the forum. . lol :waytogo:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I have the OEM wiring, plugs into the 3rd's wires, routes up trunk, plugs into spoiler.

Dealer installed OEM accessory, I think, not factory.

Factory didn't have a window 3rd, right?

Took off & tossed spoiler, saved electrical pieces...

CokeZero

Reaction score
I think i've seen window 3rds on every non spoiler sedan ive seen. I'm pretty sure you can use the wires from the window 3rd and plug it into the spoiler 3rd.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I remember removing the 3rd brakelight when I got tint. Otherwise they will go around it, which usually ends up happening on newer cars since they are more integrated.

I think all 6GA’s have 3rd brakelights on the rear deck. On my car there’s just one plug that you can either connect to the spoiler or 3rd brakelight, but not both simultaneously.

CokeZero

Reaction score
Right. When I get a spoiler, I dont want the deck light. Which is why Im taking ot out so they dont go around it! Lol

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i don't remember it having bolts, but it has been a few years since i took one out. i think there were two prongs that clipped on. if you pop them it should slide out up top.

Back