suggestions needed...

Lowman

Reaction score
I have a 98 ex sedan. When i go 55+ mph i get these wobbles that are pretty scary, there is no noise during them or any other time. My steering is feeling a bit more lose. Does anyone have ideas of what this could be?
I was thinking tie rods but im not sure.
Im also lowered on f2 type 1s, thats it as far suspension mods.
Thanks in advance!

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
hmm, too vague for me to help with. Can you give any better descriptions of whats going on? :confused:

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
yeah, what's the tread wear on your tires like at this point? and the last time you had an alignment done?

when you say wobble, do you mean the car is shifting over slightly in the lane or the ride is getting bumpy or abnormal at higher speeds?

Lowman

Reaction score
Tread wear isn't bad. Had an alignment about 4 months ago. The wobbles are even side to side shakes. It suddenly started before this I was perfectly fine. Hope this helps.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
maybe you lost a wheel weight. check to see if theres any spots that you can see where one mightve been attached, and isnt there anymore. or you could get the wheels balanced again too.

Lowman

Reaction score
I will check wheel weights as soon as i get back from class. I also just thought about the last time i drove it before it started shaking was in snow, a pretty decent amount, could something have messed up in that?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I will check wheel weights as soon as i get back from class. I also just thought about the last time i drove it before it started shaking was in snow, a pretty decent amount, could something have messed up in that?

I would be willing to bet with 99% surety you had/have snow/ice packed on the inside of the wheel throwing it off balance. Happened to me a couple times.

6genaccord

Reaction score
Could try rotating them... only cause thats free and the symptoms then could help us narrow it down

Lowman

Reaction score
didnt even think about that, im really paranoid tho, ive been in a car when a wheel fell off and another when the radius rod bolts backed out and caused the wheel to slam back against the wheel well doing about 75... so im paranoid as hell

Back