Color for valve cover?

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
thinking about painting the valve cover on my V6...need some ideas from you guys...most of you have seen my car...if not check it out in the members rides section under 00blackedaccord...
but my ideas so far have been darker red, dark blue, or maybe a gunmetal...
id like something to compliment the black/silver combo on the car and still look good under the hood...

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Re: Color for valve color?

go with the gunmetal...a red or blue would look weird without any other red or blue things under the hood.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

I would actually suggest opposite, go with something brighter under the hood, but you can't just do the valve cover and nothing else, there should be other things that are also the same colour as the valve cover as well.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score

I would do Gold/Bronze :) Can't go wrong with Silver or Black also.
i=wMjQ5NTA5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

The Wicked One

Reaction score

Whos car is that?^

I went ahead and did gold too.

00blackedaccord

Reaction score

i liked the gold as well but those cars both have it so i kinda of want somethin else...that gold is awesome though...is there any kind of paint to give it a different look as well? somethin to look more metal? just lookin for somethin different...

damage what kind of colors would u suggest then?
dre and wicked is there anythin along those lines u can think of just not gold/bronze?

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Not red......that's a little too much, there are different shades of blue, gunmetal wouldn't be bad if you only wanted a subtle contrast.

Duplicolour has the metal paint that has that glossy finish to it, various colours.

If not gold/bronze, but something similar, then I would say gunmetal....only thing is, it would be hard to match wiring to it, unless you just wanted to paint the engine cover/TL battery cover if you have one.

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
id like to pick up one of those battery covers...ill have to look into that...ill check out that duplicolor too...

anymore suggestions?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
you could go completely wild and go with a bright colour, for example orange and get matching Mugen reservoir covers, or blue and get matching Spoon reservoir colours. Or match the engine cover with your CAI/SRI intake tubing. Alot of the hoses/wiring can be cover or switched to red/blue/yellow, check on tasauto.com, they have various coloured vaccuum hoses, that might help with your decisions.

The Wicked One

Reaction score
If i had a black car, i would probably do a navy blue combo and polish up some of the stuff under the hood. Black, Silver and Blue: it would look good. But this is your car so its all up to you.
As for the gold, it is pretty rare to see it under the hood, i actually got my inspiration from that first picture posted up there, whoevers car that is...

Check out the cleanest engine bay thread under eye candy, and see which color combos you like.
I also searched around Import tuner, and modified magazines (and about ten other magazine) websites to see what some of those people were doing, and which combos i liked, or disliked.

Back