Painting Intake

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
finally made purchase today and should be here and ill tell u guys what i decide and how it goes...anymore suggestions on colors maybe?

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
well i received the intake today and was a little disappointed in the shape of it but it will still work....i think i can paitn it and make it look better....but the one problem is obvious in the pics....the dent....if anyone has any ideas about this id appreciate it....id like to get it out even though i doubt it will affect the performance much or at all but id like to fix it the best i can to make it a little less noticeable...i guess u get what u paid for but i think it will satisfy my needs for now....just like to clean smooth it up some...
3y6n0ht.jpg

29bbpdy.jpg

2ihasg5.jpg

talontsiawd

Reaction score
It's almost impossible to get dents out diy. You can probably take it to an exhaust shop though. They have tools that can go into the pipe and expand it. What they will probably want to do is just weld a new piece in. That's fine, it's a bit ugly though unless they grind the welds. If they grind the welds and you paint it, it shouldn't be noticeable though.

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
ok ill have to check into that maybe expand it....doesnt have to be exactly perfect just better than what it is now...

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
checked on it and the expander isnt long enough to reach there....so anymore ideas? thought about trying to force it out with a piece of pvc pipe barely smaller than the tube?? who knows...

and im thinking about anodizing is dark blue if possible....kinda matching the blue pearl in nighthawk paint...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I've tried a steal pole on some headers that got dented from bottoming out, i couldn't get it to work. I don't know if an intake would be easier though.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
paint it matte black so there will be little light reflected off of it. this will hide it for a cheap price

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
damn uncareful UPS guys. i hate it when i get stuff thats broke/damaged. one time when i was home, i heard a thud on the front door, ran to it quickly, and looked, and saw his dumbas face looking up the stairs to my house. i managed to yell "thanks dick" before he got back in the truck, haha. it was a box of a DVD set i had ordered. at least it was DVD's, but just goes to show these guy just dont care. ive never had a problem like that again tho, thankfully.

just thought of this tho. one thing you could do to cover it up tho would be to paint it w/e color you were originally thinking, and then take one of those reservoir tank overflow sock/absorber things and put it over the intake right at the spot, should cover most of it. when i got my Mugen ones, since its pointless to put it on the brake fluid resevoir, and ive got an auto, so i could pretty much just put it on the PS resevoir, i put the other one on my CAI right before it goes into the spot where the resonator sits on the 4 bangers. i dont think i have a pic, but i can take one for you if you want.

Last edited:

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
yeah thats cool man id like to see how it looks....im gonna work on it and just see if i can fix it somewhat...

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
ight i have finally got some pipes and going to try to heat it up and push out the dents today sometime....ill update wit pics if it works...

Back