UPDATED: Evan's Quest for a J32 6MT 6GA

Varnell

Reaction score
I'm starting to understand the wiring and hopefully shouldn't need the dash harness if you are willing to splice wires; don't quote me on that just yet ;)

I'm interested in how you plan to connect the Accord wires to the CLS ECU without the plugs made to fit inside the CLS ECU. AEM was my backup plan if I couldn't find a harness.

TurboAccord99

Reaction score
I'm interested in how you plan to connect the Accord wires to the CLS ECU without the plugs made to fit inside the CLS ECU. AEM was my backup plan if I couldn't find a harness.

The ECU connectors for the CLS are similar to the ones used on the K-series motors, OBD2C, I believe it is. I was able to buy spare connectors from HA Motorsports and Rywire as backup as well. I am using a 6MT engine harness and think I will need to splice a couple of wires to get the reverse lockout and clutch switch connected, as the left engine compartment wire for the accord is slightly different from the CLS one. I still have a bit of wire tracing to do to make sure I don't miss anything, such as reverse lights and temperature gauge wiring. Quick question, does anyone know if a I4 Accord cluster will swap in? Trying to get rid of the gear selection display :)

Connie

Reaction score
Quick question, does anyone know if a I4 Accord cluster will swap in? Trying to get rid of the gear selection display :)

You can use an I-4 clutster, but your tachometer will read too high. Maybe you can put a resistor in the signal wire for the tach. But it reads ignition pulses, so if you are running a V6 motor with an I4 tach, the tach will see too many pulses per revolution and the result will be the tach reading too high.

I have an I4 tach in my V6, and my redline is around 10,000 rpm, according to my guages. Everything else works fine, though.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
So today I took off the auto flywheel and flexplate and mocked up the manual flywheel. Learned that I don't need a flexplate between the flywheel bolts and the flywheel.

Also, I was informed today that I need " Foward cam gear cam sensor and backing plate, crank gear and crank sensor. Clutch housing crank sensor"

I've been looking on OEMAcura for parts and havent found what these are or what they mean. Anyone have any clue if I need these. It was said I need these because I'm switching an auto J32 to a manual.

TurboAccord99

Reaction score
So today I took off the auto flywheel and flexplate and mocked up the manual flywheel. Learned that I don't need a flexplate between the flywheel bolts and the flywheel.

Also, I was informed today that I need " Foward cam gear cam sensor and backing plate, crank gear and crank sensor. Clutch housing crank sensor"

I've been looking on OEMAcura for parts and havent found what these are or what they mean. Anyone have any clue if I need these. It was said I need these because I'm switching an auto J32 to a manual.

There are a handful of parts (mainly expensive sensors) that are needed when converting an AUTO J32 to MANUAL J32.

14260-PGE-A11 Front Cam Pulley
11860-PGE-A10 Plate Assy., Fr. Timing Belt Back Cover
13621-PGE-A11 Pulley, Timing Belt Drive
37500-PGE-A11 Sensor Assy., Crank
37501-PGE-A10 Sub-Harness, Crank Sensor
37840-PGE-A11 Sensor Assy., TDC
37841-PGE-A10 Sub-Harness, TDC (1-2)
32110-PGE-A11 CLs-6 Manual Engine Harness

CLS 6 Speed ECU

Credit goes to fsttyms1 from Acurazine, link.

It sounds like the Front Cam Pulley, Back Cover, and sensor are the same as the ones on the list.

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
There are a handful of parts (mainly expensive sensors) that are needed when converting an AUTO J32 to MANUAL J32.

14260-PGE-A11Front Cam Pulley

11860-PGE-A10Plate Assy., Fr. Timing Belt Back Cover

13621-PGE-A11Pulley, Timing Belt Drive

37500-PGE-A11Sensor Assy., Crank

37501-PGE-A10Sub-Harness, Crank Sensor

37840-PGE-A11Sensor Assy., TDC

37841-PGE-A10Sub-Harness, TDC (1-2)

32110-PGE-A11 CLs-6 Manual Engine Harness

CLS 6 Speed ECU

Credit goes to fsttyms1 from Acurazine, link.

It sounds like the Front Cam Pulley, Back Cover, and sensor are the same as the ones on the list.

Dude, you are awesome. Thank you so much for posting this. I have the 6MT harness and ECU.

Can someone explain why I need the pulleys or the sensors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TurboAccord99

Reaction score
Dude, you are awesome. Thank you so much for posting this. I have the 6MT harness and ECU.

Can someone explain why I need the pulleys or the sensors?

Not sure if this thread will help, but there is a lot of information about AUTO vs MANUAL J32, link.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Not sure if this thread will help, but there is a lot of information about AUTO vs MANUAL J32, link.

I'll definitely take a look at that. Thanks for the link and the help.

So I don't know if I need these things, but I bought them anyway. A Manual CL-S Fuse Box and a Manual Trans crossmember, with the old mounts attached.

Tried to take the old mounts off today and install the new ones, but both bolts broke off in the crossmember. So in the process of getting those tapped out.

Untitled by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

Untitled by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

Here you can see the crossmember next to my Legend calipers that need to be powdercoated

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Ah the joys of working on a 15+ year old car. My swap started off horribly, driver side axle nut wouldn't budge. After using ludicrously long leverage pipes and snapping a few breaker bars, it had to be torched off.

So I guess what I'm saying is, those broke bolts won't be the last of your turmoil. Lol

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Ah the joys of working on a 15+ year old car. My swap started off horribly, driver side axle nut wouldn't budge. After using ludicrously long leverage pipes and snapping a few breaker bars, it had to be torched off.

So I guess what I'm saying is, those broke bolts won't be the last of your turmoil. Lol

Oh I'm aware. The start of many lol

Back