Heater not hot!

finch13

Reaction score
Have the knob on cold, have a buddy turn the knob all the way hot while you watch the valve. It should move, probably in parallel with the hose.

low430

Reaction score
Your heater core is clogged.

It could be 1 of 3 things

1. Low coolant level causing lack of circulation
2. Bad thermostat stuck open keeps the car running cool and thus hot air takes a while
3. Heater core clogged from caustic coolant

klr4life

Reaction score
It could be 1 of 3 things

1. Low coolant level causing lack of circulation
2. Bad thermostat stuck open keeps the car running cool and thus hot air takes a while
3. Heater core clogged from caustic coolant

My collant is full
I changed my thermostat, i bought a 180 degree one from autobarn thats the one that came up in the computer at autobarn. I still get the same results.
I guess i will have to check my heater core, where is it located?

klr4life

Reaction score
How are you going to check that? You could try a reverse flush to try and get the **** out of it...

Did you properly bleed the cooling system too?

No, i didnt know you had to bleed it, i just changed the thermstat and fill the collant back up and rechecked it to make sure it was full.

finch13

Reaction score
There should be a bleeding procedure in the manual. Basically, open the 12mm bleeder on the thermostat housing when the engine is cold and pour coolant into the radiator until a steady stream comes out of the bleeder. Close the bleeder and start the car with the radiator cap off. This will circulate the bubbles and bleed them through the radiator fill hole. Let the car completely warm up until the temp gauge reads normal, top off the radiator, top off the reservoir, put the cap on and call it a day.

low430

Reaction score
There should be a bleeding procedure in the manual. Basically, open the 12mm bleeder on the thermostat housing when the engine is cold and pour coolant into the radiator until a steady stream comes out of the bleeder. Close the bleeder and start the car with the radiator cap off. This will circulate the bubbles and bleed them through the radiator fill hole. Let the car completely warm up until the temp gauge reads normal, top off the radiator, top off the reservoir, put the cap on and call it a day.

You dont need to bleed the system, You can just "burp" it
I bought an aftermarket thermostat but after pulling out my original during my 5 speed conversion, I noticed the factory one was far superior, So I returned the Aftermarket part and bought a new OEM thermostat.

Back