Tires! which brand?

theskytraveler

Reaction score
Ok so I'm getting 18s on my car very soon. Just ordered the wheels now I'm looking to get a set of tires. NOW I know there are plenty and I mean plenty of options for tires but I've come down to these brands:

Nexen
Kuhmo
Hankook
Fuzion
Falken
General
Wanli
Essenza

Being from FL I have a choice between Performance All Season or Summer tires (being that we don't have snow here in Florida) So here come the questions:

First does anyone have any of these brands already? If you do what is your experience with them (ie: Good or Bad)

Has anyone heard Good things vs Bad things from any of the brands listed

If you were on a budget which brand and model tire would you go with from this list

Thank you in advanced

Peace,

DjC

Reaction score
I have the Fuzions on my stock hubbies. They were only $50/each and it handles beautifully compared to my previous Michellins and Kumhos.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i heard good things abt the Fusions too.... cheap, but somewhat good.. or u could get the falken ziex.... pretty good threadwear for its price

nhsrunner

Reaction score
I have Michlin Pilot Exalto's, got them as my 18th B-day present. They're not cheap, but they are fantastic, quiet and grip really well. Love them a ton. Oh, but either way, I had also looked at getting some Kumhos, which are also supposed to be really good, but a bargin.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Kumho 712s sux... my friend burned thru them in 6 months on regular freeway driving

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ive never heard anything about them, but i have Hankook Ventus HR II's and i like em. they hold pretty well, and theyve lasted me quite some time, but i need new front ones cuz when i lowered my car this past summer it killed em, hahaha.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
I have Yokohama AVS and they are so sticky.. but with 160 treadwear.. don't look to make more than 2 years with them.

Very sticky: Falken RT-615 but wears out fast.

Hankook Ventus K104 pretty good.
I liked my Khumo 712.. did almost 3 summers with them, good on dry road and pretty good on rain too. Khumo MX are pretty sticky too..

Back