Mah new box truck.

nsjames

Reaction score
cleaned up the engine while all the electrics were out.

DSCF1901.jpg

need to track down these oil leaks.

DSCF1902.jpg

newish looking injection pump

Speed Kills!
DSCF1916.jpg

nsjames

Reaction score
Cool shift points on the gauges. LOL

Yeah, overspeed on these motors kills them. They're governed at 3K RPM give or take a few hundo. Something to do with a 27.5:1 compression ratio.....

Someone is going to do that to the 6th Gen......just wait for it.

bonus points if it's an autotragic car....

alternator guy called and told me the alternaotr is done. So I'm buying a newer rebuilt unit that's already got 130A guts in it.
Yay for HO alternator!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I am enjoying this build......one of the most different ones I have seen anyone do, so I hope all goes well.

Don't remember if you mentioned, but what colour will you be painting the cab?

nsjames

Reaction score
color scheme has not been decided, at least not the base color.

Depends on what my Jeep gets painted when it gets the cage. Yes, I will have a matching Jeep/Toterhome, cause I'm :gay: like that.

I've already got the stripes and scheme laid out in my head. your standard swooshy RV style paint scheme with a silver stripe to break up the two tone. Just need to get my Wife's input on colors. It's a toss up between a dark red/burgundy or a dark blue for the base color.

Paint is probably not going to happen until this fall. So if you see an ugly a$$ uhaul truck with mis matched doors and windows (because I'm raiding a few campers for parts) thats me.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There are a ton of projects that start off ugly.....American Trucker's ring any bells?!

Props for even taking on this type of a project in the first place.

nsjames

Reaction score
There are a ton of projects that start off ugly.....American Trucker's ring any bells?!

Props for even taking on this type of a project in the first place.

Time is my enemy on this one.

The toterhome and the Jeep need to be finished end of june, the Jeep needs the rear hangers reworked and the leaf springs played with, I wasn't happy with them last trip out. The toter needs, well, everything at this point. So Paint is pretty low on the list. hopefully after this weekend the mechanicals will be done, so at least I know it will make the trip.

Legally I have to have a few things to be registered as an RV, and if need be I could make do with a camp stove and a cooler to satisfy the law, but I'd like to have the sink and such done so we can roll big pimpin in a homebuilt RV/hauler.

I'll photoshop some of my paint ideas and post them up for opinions. I'm not the creative artsy type, much more the logical mechanical type. honestly if it wasn't for my wife INSISTING that it not remain Uhaul orange I wouldn't even give a crap what it looked like. You know women, they're funny about how it looks.

Back