Please stay away from this

capsidx

Reaction score
I ordered a Yonaka plug and play harness off amazon. It was advertised as plug and play and I bit the bullet and paid 50 dollars for this harness. It was wired completely wrong. Not to mention when I went to depin it all the wires came right out of the pins leaving me with a 50 dollar piece of plastic and wires. I got a 12 dollar harness before this one and it was much better quality and the pins came out with the wires when pulled on which means there is a solid connection. I know some people might like their stuff but I will never buy from them again. Ill just re use my old jumper. :banghead:

capsidx

Reaction score
Harness for what

Obd2 to obd1 conversion. The obd 2 harness has three plugs and 1 more inside the car for the gauges and such. So basically the wiring harness I got the first two wired up, completely skipped the third plug and the fourth was wired. Im 99 percent sure most of the obd2 pinouts for hondas are the same as with obd1. Im not sure why it was wired this way but I guess all of these conversion harnesses are hit or miss.

Will you be able to get a refund or an exchange?

After the wire broke from the pin I would assume no. Ill just reuse my old harness and double check the pins. I think there are only a few that are different but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Kimbo80

Reaction score
Obd2 to obd1 conversion. The obd 2 harness has three plugs and 1 more inside the car for the gauges and such. So basically the wiring harness I got the first two wired up, completely skipped the third plug and the fourth was wired. Im 99 percent sure most of the obd2 pinouts for hondas are the same as with obd1. Im not sure why it was wired this way but I guess all of these conversion harnesses are hit or miss.

After the wire broke from the pin I would assume no. Ill just reuse my old harness and double check the pins. I think there are only a few that are different but I could be wrong.

That stinks. It looks like it came with a lifetime warranty too, based on the Amazon description. I would reach out ot them and see what they say. The worse thing that can happen is they say no.

capsidx

Reaction score
That stinks. It looks like it came with a lifetime warranty too, based on the Amazon description. I would reach out ot them and see what they say. The worse thing that can happen is they say no.

I think I will when I get home. I try not to play angry consumer considering thats all I deal with at work. I just want to make them aware this is not plug and play as they are advertising. The wiring to pin connection isnt that strong either. I dont think I bought it directly from them on amazon although I should have. Im going to contact the seller and let him know and see what he says.

Edit: mods you can lock this one. It looks like it was my bad. I read what models it converts: Application:
1996 + Honda or Acura to plug-in any OBD1 Computer ( ECU )

OBD2A to OBD1 Harness changes any of the following to run any OBD1 1992-1995 ECU:
1996 to 1999 Acura Integra
1996 to 1998 Honda Civic
1996 to 2001 Honda Prelude
1996 to 1997 Honda Accord .

Looks like this one was my bad. Although i'm still 99 percent sure this wiring is still wrong.

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
Amazon is pretty good with customer service. you should get your money back

I was going to until I realized one of my plugs was kind of trashed so I’m going to combine the old harness with the yonaka harness to make a fresh one. This way I won’t have any weird problems I had with my last harness. Still a plug and play harness would have been nice.

Back