99 accord 2.3 / stall / load-no load

Reaction score
symptom: enigne stall when throttle opened only for 1-2 minutes after startup.

1. idle is fine, recent manifold & throttle body cleaned, egr ports cleaned. no known damaged vacuum hoses or gaskets.

2. if i do not touch the accelerator pedal after start for 5-7 minutes, the condition does not happen!

3. tested tps: .48dc closed, 4.25dc wot

4 have not tested map, dont' know how.

5. this condition will happen wether its the first or 10th start of the day. always 1-2 min. just after starting, but then ceases to happen for as long as the engine remains running.

6. inspected main relay guts. no burnt, no poor solder joints.

7. exactly the symptom: start engine, 5 sec. later press accel. pedal and attempt to raise rpm to 2500, needle will rise to 2500 for approx. 2 sec. then fall out without releasing pedal. I then release accel pedal and try again until rpm remain constant and react with pedal.

NOTE: I can normally increase the rpm above 3000 during condition, but do not wish to.

NOTE: Fuel Tank is leaking, I have not tested fuel pressure and don't know how.

Reaction score
symptom: enigne stall when throttle opened only for 1-2 minutes after startup.

1. idle is fine, recent manifold & throttle body cleaned, egr ports cleaned. no known damaged vacuum hoses or gaskets.

2. if i do not touch the accelerator pedal after start for 5-7 minutes, the condition does not happen!

3. tested tps: .48dc closed, 4.25dc wot

4 have not tested map, dont' know how.

5. this condition will happen wether its the first or 10th start of the day. always 1-2 min. just after starting, but then ceases to happen for as long as the engine remains running.

6. inspected main relay guts. no burnt, no poor solder joints.

7. exactly the symptom: start engine, 5 sec. later press accel. pedal and attempt to raise rpm to 2500, needle will rise to 2500 for approx. 2 sec. then fall out without releasing pedal. I then release accel pedal and try again until rpm remain constant and react with pedal.

NOTE: I can normally increase the rpm above 3000 during condition, but do not wish to.

NOTE: Fuel Tank is leaking, I have not tested fuel pressure and don't know how.

forgot to mention: under normal operation, car runs fine, accelerates fine, no erratic idle, no stalling at idle, no stalling after brisk acceleration in idle.

Back