Fan should run after engine cut-off, right?

Reaction score
I have a 99 accord 2.3. its been 90 degrees outside for a week and ive driven the vehicle during the day and can hear the fan running while driving, but not after its off. I used to own a 94 accord 2.2 and remember the fan running after the car was off. is this a new thing where it doesn't run?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Mine sometimes run for a few seconds after the car is off. But that rarely happens. Not sure if anything is different with the i4...

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
if it's running hotter than usual, it'll do tht... typically on a hot day

Reaction score
if it's running hotter than usual, it'll do tht... typically on a hot day

the 94 accord's fan would run intermittently up to an hour after the engine was off. I'm gonna make sure fan is operational by jumping to battery. I may just be hearing the a/c fan running while driving.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
I've heard cars kick on the fan after the car is off, usually on a hot day, and also when it makes those tick sounds in any temperature. My v6 never ticks. I hear the fan kick on when idling for a while but never when it's off but last week it was 100+ and I drove a little while with the a/c on and it turned on when the car was off.

Reaction score
Ok, so i spliced a 18ga wire from spark plug wire #1 to wire at fan connector. even soldered it up. It seems to be running good now. Thanks for the help guys.

Back