5spd swap, Clutch pedal issue

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I went through my friends at oemacuraparts.com and i bought a 7th gen assembly bc I'm 6spd.

The 6thgen pedal may cost more, not sure

I bought the 7th gen I4 pedal which may be the same as 6th gen one

Through majestic the bracket alone is around 300 dollars. The price is truly absurd.

Snoobly

Reaction score
Untitled.png

I couldn't find the thread. so i made a sketchy replica. Basically you need to reweld that bracket that connects to the firewall, and then drill a smallish hole in the support beam that runs across underneath the dash and screw a bolt or something up there. It's a bit of work, but it has held up great for me!

9450erick

Reaction score
thanx guys for the help. i did put on the bracket suport i just screwed a nail up there and the bracket is now securely in place. however now that i did that my engagement is way to high and my clutch is slipping like crazy and it still cant get into gear.
the car is acting super wierd now worse then before!!! here are the Symptoms:
1) Engagement of the cluch is way to high.
2) even after the clutch is let out all the way clutch doesnt seem to grab anymore
3) gears wont go in if the clutch is pressed in all the way
4) if i turn off the car, put it in first gear, press the clutch all the way in, and try to start it, the car will move like if its gear with the clutch all the way out
5) when the car warms up the only way to drive the car is to press the clutch pedal all the way in, thats the only time the clutch grabs(which is wierd b/c shouldnt it be opposite)( i had to drive with clutch pressed for like 5 miles it felt super wierd)
6) when the pedal is @ 50% out, that is the only time i can get into gears. if the pedal is pressed all the way in it wont let me get into gear( same as all the way out but thats normal)

Snoobly

Reaction score
hmm Yeah, I can only think of the washers or whatever you use to space the clutch from the firewall. I don't use washers anymore cause I felt like they helped snap the clutch in the first place. I made a couple of metal plates and stuck them in there.

9450erick

Reaction score
yeah i feel you on that snoobly, i felt the spacers did aid in the snapping of my clutch pedal. How thick is your spacer? still dont know how much to put?

Snoobly

Reaction score
I can't remember off the top of my head, but it's between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick.

Back