Car in sluggish mode??

jwong512

Reaction score
I got codes p1399 and p1259... Changed out my spark plugs first .. Car still seems to be pretty weak when running in neutral almost as if it's about to shut off.. I'm guessing know this could be the vtech solenoid ???

Yeah, it's either clogged or has gone bad. Try cleaning it out and swapping out the gasket first. If that still doesn't work, look around the FS threads. There should be a couple of people selling them.

kevo

Reaction score
It's probably the Vtec, i bought my car and it was so slow, no acceleration and seem to just struggle when claiming hill changed the vtec sylinoide and the plugs, boom!!!! That bad boy was running the way it should

gsrteg

Reaction score
You're usually supposed to change out your spark plugs right after seafoaming through the intake manifold. Otherwise, all that gunk you just cleaned out pretty much got stuck on your spark plugs and they're not firing properly.

I'll make sure I clean them or change them. Thanks for the tip jwong512.

kevo

Reaction score
Vtech solenoid new $315?? What do you guys think new or used?

Wtf no way man I would check it to see if its just the pressure switch inside that's all that was wrong with mine, I think they replaced it the whole thing if im correct and if so I only paid 65 for the part

4door accord02

Reaction score
Wtf no way man I would check it to see if its just the pressure switch inside that's all that was wrong with mine, I think they replaced it the whole thing if im correct and if so I only paid 65 for the part

Im going to go ahead and reaplce gasket first and then go from there?? :thinking:

Back