High idle

swazi5

Reaction score
It often seems to idle high when it is frequently started, driven, turned off, and restarted. It doesn't like going out of park and sometimes I have to use the shift release button. Its a 2002 auto v6. Any ideas how to get it to idle lower?? I know these 6th gen auto transmissions are junk but I can't afford to do a swap right now.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
shift release button like the one on the side of the shifter? cause your supposed to have to use that.....as for your high idle it could be a vacuum leak find someone with a smoke tester and smoke it.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
By shift release he means the slot next to the shifter where you put in a screw driver or a key or anything and you can put the car in whatever gear you want without having to push the brake, the car be on, etc..

swazi5

Reaction score
OK well good news, the days it was doing that it was 95 to 105 degrees outside and now that its cooled down its behaving way better. But I did have it checked for a hose leak and had one replaced but it made no difference. (this was around the same time last year) I really think it is a sensor or something. Anyone know anything about the fast idle thermo valve? OR maybe the Idle air control valve? To me these sound like parts that could go amiss with weather conditions.

Back