What LED Strips did you use?

NotNice

Reaction score
Hey all, currently working on another retrofit for my 6thgen.

I am using the full headlights from a 2016 honda accord and shaving to fit inside the 6thgen housing.

I have stumbled upon getting a good led strip for the bottom marker and I know many of you have done this mod.

I am looking for a strip in this order or all in one.

1. Brightness in day light when in white mode.

2. Sequential amber signal indicatior

3. Full RGB strip with all white mode. ( that can be seen in day light.

Alot of these strips I see online only have pictures in night time and can't see the real light output in the day time.

Post up what you guys have used and where it's from.

ezr66w.jpg

2cdxrmg.jpg

NotNice

Reaction score
Well since no one on here knows, I've ended up using some cheapo ebay led tube lights with amber sequential switchback. I still have to do some fab work on the ends and alighn the projectors. Don't mind the haze on the lenses it will be sanded and clear coated to perfection.
mkf592.jpg

KONG

Reaction score
Love the lights. Never would of thought of using 2016 accord headlights, in 6th gen housing. Great job. :waytogo:

Last edited:

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Your retrofit is looking stupid sick! I ended up going with pivot profile switchbacks from TRS. I tested them out before putting them in the headlights and they are pretty bright in the sunlight unlike my last set of headlight strips. I've yet to see it installed in the housing and fully put together due to grad school, but I can give you an update once it's ready!.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jypatric

Reaction score
Looks like an aftermarket headlight. Nice upgrade.

Back