New To 6th Gen Accords / F23 Scene..

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Posted in “Accord Tech” already before making an introduction. I wasn't used to dealing with Immobilizer Units. I have quickly become schooled in the issue. Hah. I'm Certainly not new to Hondas...But new to this forum and 6th Gen Accords. Last month, I picked up a 2000 Accord EX (F23) "leather" that was well maintained by the original owner (the dealership did the work for him). I got a steal on the car because I had to replace the starter to drive it away. An even bigger bonus was the starter had already been bought by the original owner and sat on the passenger side floor until I snagged the car.

Here's my list of Hondas in the best order I can remember -

1990 CRX HF
1982 Accord 4-Door (drove for two weeks and sold to a friend between CRX and Del Sol)
1994 Del Sol Si (stolen)
1994 Civic DX Coupe (stolen)
1993 Del Sol S
1991 Prelude Si
1993 Del Sol Si
1988 Prelude Si 4WS
1989 Wagovan / Shuttle
1999 Civic EX Coupe
1995 Civic DX Coupe

All manuals.
I currently own both '93 Del Sols, the '99 Civic Coupe and the '95 Civic
Coupe. All are running swaps and street tunes. Looking forward to doing some real work to the Accord..

First thing I need to do is fix the basketball sized dent on the hood, a dent in each door and then polish the crap out of it.. then clean the engine bay..which is dusty...but not oily at all. Then I can start making real plans. It was garaged so there is very little rust to worry about. One thing this Accord has done is make me want to swap an F23 in my Del Sol Si. Love this motor. I could throw one of these in my Del Sol, run 6 - 10 pounds of boost for kicks and have a really fun and reliable car.

Here is the start -

GJiNArlmmtwJzAV3kHSTjcF6zUxdJw78e4GIlxrI-ZlvgbSFSpgpBmroDVMcNYGfkF8HCOBX5ffR_Gs_Oz0dUx8RjQEJQPws48qdgaqxgHkaU-j2zQUsIlAcpGAU3Vrf7QzCwbbfAMw3daLZnAhQEeAMMGPrJtyFZQSqGlOFGx-ZbCKYJgYRa_nGEkDbIl7-S9iepmsc3oxIWx-urKPxsKFSrMy6_AnT0kRVMSFgC8ZFSy8Cho8rk3GOWPLD5X8KG0s7cfOB81K6bg5AmPWW_WVGhcJIUECD_8Wp6VnX5dS8lgsNGA7G-ZrTg4qZviSvv9Glk09YvcjbbeXoFcgcwxPcOCS9dOICWeLFF9KYsKzH-KC0pW6Ypghl-PUN96200bGP88RhtYu887nlPltFOCCkcZsBV7o6B3S-wFnDNl6y0qFE92_Qspi3ouXcAsoxtJEjcX0Viu3kL73-VMNejiM2LNr0cOmJuvyLYN4Csvm3vq-yfEPlXo7Lhdv_z-wy_Epi8BOv2mytl269EBTJPJyPUtSB8IKPGQozjjObJhatSb1nCCrRjytz8wq3YmcxuHMfm4oGL_BaUQUKjqou7VSFva-pHUQjBFXkew=w576-h383-no

b0NnfzIFX3WfqRWU8pwSmHZ2QCNMPaHReb7velAd2G_WYlqdkRcEpjZ5mh0IECdFzMxJeTUlEVTI9tcrMIhiZwaDfs3e-1cimIn5kzhB_vgZc7-W7QPN-r-1Z4AmHlXAoP4wKiJvhS1uHG_H_vecB3XjXIvdJfSTwO_GW-P-nLxBExnJVOWuSr_cPqyo3ZgIBkT09kug_jreE40SoRucKRGlJ9NVqQ3n6x7wyBIvybV8lWxlJfAaSlPjzssW6c-JpV5VMqQW7hxghXsmaLuMjwj0IG6ev10KZUGRK6LIFQT-bQ3ngQlVdr0ZdrKr_3aRSntjAvo6e284LiBpFpsxrg4nlqTE7FdcevO88tit5SFxMoinpD1l98Z-EuYnPdXtkLF_djKF3IKHlDreAEeKtLB-HOTBzGjsMLKZQxD_ALxSpzop95C3dcP3_NhK3mSOqi-rplKuScqzb19fTIFBHW9a4nXKKxmrcRZxN15Pcr_V1wI2VYnqQOKiu1CBQfJbgKACv6brR3ac-7oyhC8LcHJg8-NHMte4Y-xdEzjN5jXYp1ar553gjSzH_3xLych4TH5eLYpme61R9z7JMHII_W1Z4L4D9jWE4YiNXw=w576-h454-no

ZsXOAxCwIS1y342j47AWH-lEtP0YbwnAzCfVTwnUEiwPwakwjU_AiiDI-kkMCCLg7IvCZo6nJu0_MNQ32HoYFxRJMKQ85Fl_qlRgV3u6eh_A5tpVLQoK6LBZpwprh8L06Si29WW-d_Ou1aFTFJLoHhJFwQxZ4fbja_Ne960vSdgUw9DfMwqcpwTp5BH7OnUOYh-HB7BzrmGHgAQlfcTKKPgDgrgsHOGBoYaiFryu_i29oQNHnBxiegwVpClgfPdWUO5pu-wXde_ef8EkOlzO54kUUwnLiuEt9H96EMCpcbUs3VQzJyYDUAXaYp0w9WKujPo0zU2PQMWNggQyVIKMKl8pTUz35M1CKWKOcj_35lik4uMpYsGblC6fajPQiCnmG4bNz8fsd_1JFIXlQmoXMiCCXGw-UQbSMgXOqSKLuIF-oRCSq7vr3VOe4FgGxOefmohOwr6YK-XCJlD0ahzFkNJsVYVK7SH75oGR_bXdD8_gKQMpMHrhUGvQElXddd7c1_J6T-kiDMiJ7pS6xz6b77IWh6mM2eAzRvIf_eo5FC1oDC3yTwDi9yCwpPHLUjjiA3OBc7HvPeng_VGZXHReeL2IfI00vMMZtgsSjg=w576-h432-no

Dusty...but not oily..

DTReydU9f8TuJRAZLhO3qMyZFQhoguPvJt1w3nGmaNENDkfAP4LlxsZe01DanBfKyrAoyIT1H00fMxnMmnTnt1QjodpBnrPkFRZaqPYzKIGyFIOuS0WPiQmhIKUQy_Nwuvsea2-9U4OY3iy4nG_twE8EDalZUaENCDL3O_5Uy0VqpEWwgePKtvbFlW6Hjg4rekyKKn62vV3Ztjd6hbzcn-B9wiOjPXznwWVmRY6i0lMg3z5Xdwz-qLi6Fbda28VUuzS-Ofuw7ZZYIuAGGeYyNbEShn781dmUEKXO8SGM38-KE40vOvWNh7hEq5DRh_iFNG8W4-s28N3NGxNTTinQQNx42z9bzeIuZ1RVTE9EVChI3mOUFmwznwt9FFIpZMMIFjAPYQr7xpV_-XYDYoZ_S1-OSCuHux7LvygQqWZ2dM3mb44CCn1evi-J05NUrzLBcrGTk-cthJjeXK8W2v566JsLNjDtZP35CjQeQfVLXyZ8orB7r0u94CT26BxZMqiqGX7WKDnVvrVKgmK6tCdoE5pV7LGGbn7adhPrPcc38k5LByQvYJGW3objKbjAUmbf5YiZnc_gZ7DOav0UmbxYQZabgwUgKws8Hr2e0A=w576-h432-no

Last edited:
Reaction score
that drivetrain will last forever with nothing but oil changes. congrats on the purchase :thumbup:

Thanks, man. I have faith. I love the F23. The way it feels reminds me of a better, more powerful version of the 5SFE from the 5th and 6th gen Celicas. I only listed the Hondas I've owned. Hah.

capsidx

Reaction score
Don’t listen to sketch. He doesnt even own a cg. He drives an frs. He’s just here for the free stuff. Anyways the cg6 is one of the legends of the reliable cars of our century list lol. I managed to break my f23 and even the h23a1 after that so they aren’t indestructible like some people think. As long as you don’t beat on it constantly and take care of the maintenance It will last a LONG time. Especially the tranny. The new ones are plagued by manual transmission issues but the old ones are ironclad. Welcome to the forum!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i may not drive a cg anymore, but i've had more than you! :lawl: i don't drive an frs either :hide: :lawl: i do miss my i4 5mt sedan though, was definitely a great car.

capsidx

Reaction score
Oh right I forgot it’s an 86. >____>. Sol literal about everything lol. I wish I had a del sol. I tried trading for one but no one wants a f20b cg6 lol. I blame sketch for that also. You sure have had a lot of Honda’s so you’re not new to this which is surprising. Most of the new members we get are guys who just got the car stock and have dreams of running 25 pounds on a stock motor with an eBay axle back :lawl: the cg is still a fun car and a lot of people give it crap for being heavy. There’s not many sedans in the same class that are this light. Well at the time at least. I had a lot of fun with my f23 when I converted it to a manual. I miss that engine lol.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Don’t listen to sketch. He doesnt even own a cg. He drives an frs. He’s just here for the free stuff. Anyways the cg6 is one of the legends of the reliable cars of our century list lol. I managed to break my f23 and even the h23a1 after that so they aren’t indestructible like some people think. As long as you don’t beat on it constantly and take care of the maintenance It will last a LONG time. Especially the tranny. The new ones are plagued by manual transmission issues but the old ones are ironclad. Welcome to the forum!

I think those engines (at least the F23) were caused by operator error. ;)

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
i may not drive a cg anymore, but i've had more than you! :lawl: i don't drive an frs either :hide: :lawl: i do miss my i4 5mt sedan though, was definitely a great car.

Yup, I enjoy driving my 99 i4 5mt sedan. But then I mostly use it for beer runs and when it's snowing. :)
The AC in the summer months helps keep the beer cold too.

Reaction score
Oh right I forgot it’s an 86. >____>. Sol literal about everything lol. I wish I had a del sol. I tried trading for one but no one wants a f20b cg6 lol. I blame sketch for that also. You sure have had a lot of Honda’s so you’re not new to this which is surprising. Most of the new members we get are guys who just got the car stock and have dreams of running 25 pounds on a stock motor with an eBay axle back :lawl: the cg is still a fun car and a lot of people give it crap for being heavy. There’s not many sedans in the same class that are this light. Well at the time at least. I had a lot of fun with my f23 when I converted it to a manual. I miss that engine lol.

You read my mind, man!

The new guy scenario -

The next score - Uncle's '99 Accord EX. For free. It has 332,xxx miles, bone stock (except for a super awesome, short ram intake), everything is original..including timing belt, water pump, clutch, etc. It never saw the inside of a shop or dealership....or oil change shop.

I recently came up with about $450 (fo hundred and fitty) bucks. I think if I'm thrifty with my money, I can piece together a used turbo setup for it. I'm looking to get 500 at the wheels.. but it has to be reliable, bro. I figure if I change the timing belt, I'm good to go. Either change the timing belt or get a turbo exhaust...or a lip. Not sure which yet.

Any advice is appreciated. Remember - It has to be 500 at the wheels and reliable. And I have 450 dollars. Also, the inter-cooler has to be seen...so the front end will need some work. I want the motor to remain completely stock.

By the way, I saw some turbo setups on eBay and they looked AWESOME!!

^^^For entertainment purposes only.

I love Del Sols, man. My whole CRX / Del Sol (gateway into Honda) is a long story). It's actually a family thing. My Mom got me into CRXs...which led me into Del Sols later on. I'm a huge fan of both those cars (or just singular "car" if you're in Europe). I'll post some pics of my projects and engine builds. I had all kinds of fun with them. Especially the ones I got my hands on later. I'm a sicko about wrenching so one of my favorite jobs is taking an autotragic Del Sol and converting it to manual. I always feel like I just saved a life when I do it.

Thanks for the responses, mangs. This hood seems pretty laid back.

And Sketch, I'd cruise around in an FRS. That was actually the first car I saw from them that I liked aesthetically since the 6th Gen Celica. I never learned much about the performance, though. I need a schoolin'.

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
You couldn’t have put it better :lawl: my cg currently has an f20b but I haven’t been putting sofa king Jdm stickers on my car because it was built in Ohio. There’s nothing Jdm about it really. Apart from the fact it’s a Japanese company and design. But still. You get those guys all the time. Most of us here are pretty cool. Sketch always says hi and disappears unless you talk about his car, rusty always recommends doing stuff correctly (noob) and I always recommend a swap and act entitled to fame because I’ve done two so far. Greg comes in and posts the shortest responses ever which are usually right and red Ryder will ban anything that moves if it breaks the rules (rightly so). I think you’ll like it here. You can be the guy who ‘gets it’ and wants to mod the car the right way lol. Hopefully you’re like me and in pursuit of speed and not bags and camber like most people are. Oh and eBay axleback ftw :lawl:

Back